Home FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games Console/PC gaming.

Old 11-21-2006, 08:14 AM   #21
raublekick

raublekick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raublekick
Quote:
Originally Posted by testtubebaby
as the size of your ball (and thus, its gravity)
WRONG!

In order for gravity to be the primary working force pulling objects into the katamari, the katamari would have to have a greater mass density than the Earth. but if this were true, the katamari would not easily roll across the surface of the Earth. mass density is mass / volume. the katamari has a much smaller volume than the Earth, and even most of the things it picks up. so to have a greater gravitational pull it would have to have a much greater mass than the Earth. Suppose the katamari has a volume that is 1 millionth of the Earth's volume. It's mass would then have to be 1 million + 1 times greater than the Earth in order for it to have a greater mass density. This would make it like a very small star, and it would probably just fall right through the Earth.

as it picks things up, its mass density would actually decrease. once the katamari has doubled in size, the volume has doubled but the total mass hasn't. thus the gravitational force decreases. once the katamari is some 800m, the volume has increased much more than the density. if the original katamari did have a greater mass density than the Earth, this probably would not matter. but if it didn't then it would have a great effect on its ability to pick up objects.

in my estimation, the driving force of the katamari cannot be gravity, but some other force must exist. i leave it to magic, or drugs.

Old 11-21-2006, 08:56 AM   #22
testtubebaby

testtubebaby is on a distinguished road
lol, you must be bored... but there's no real other explanation (other than your magic force theory) in whick one opject would stick to the katamari and not the other. interestingly enough, though, the only factor seems to be the *size* (i.e. volume) of the object, and not the density (i.e. mass/weight) of said object, when it comes to picking it up... which, once again, must lead us to a conclusion of some very strange force of attraction.
testtubebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:00 AM   #23
testtubebaby

testtubebaby is on a distinguished road
if your ps2 is modded... the european release of ICO. in the american release, you could only play as Ico, but in the japanese and euro releases, the second controller could control yorda, making it an interesting two player adventure.
testtubebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:17 AM   #24
GT2000
Playing God @ Your Xpense

GT2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to GT2000
Thanks for those details on the katamari games, I'll check into those as well..and no, my ps2 is not modded..I failed miserably putting in that damn modded door so now my ps2 is working, but could break with little force..heh.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:23 AM   #25
raublekick

raublekick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raublekick
Quote:
Originally Posted by testtubebaby
lol, you must be bored... but there's no real other explanation (other than your magic force theory) in whick one opject would stick to the katamari and not the other. interestingly enough, though, the only factor seems to be the *size* (i.e. volume) of the object, and not the density (i.e. mass/weight) of said object, when it comes to picking it up... which, once again, must lead us to a conclusion of some very strange force of attraction.

yeah my real conclusion is that it is a videogame... about a little guy... who rolls around a ball that things stick to... and a giant king who got drunk and smashed all the stars...

i'd say they can have that katamari do whatever the hell they want it to do.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:36 PM   #26
GT2000
Playing God @ Your Xpense

GT2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to GT2000
I got demacy on the way, trying to get an auction win on the cookie and cream tho...
Old 04-03-2007, 02:27 PM   #27
Cid

Cid is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Cid Send a message via Yahoo to Cid
Wow, this is old...but I just played a game the other night that I couldn't put down. My buddy borrowed Marvel: Ultimate Alliance from his friend and we played for about 10 hours straight. We were high, so I may be way off here...but it was wicked fun co-op action. You pick a super hero team and you beat on bad guy ass...really cool.

Again, I was high...it's probably really lame. lol.