TheTestTube.com  

Go Back   TheTestTube.com > EnTTTertainment > A/V
User Name
Password
Home FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

A/V A/V...audio and video...music and movies.

Old 12-04-2005, 09:19 AM   #1
testtubebaby

testtubebaby is on a distinguished road
Aeon Flux

saw it last night with my girlfriend and i thought it was pretty decent. neither of us had seen the entire series or really knew what the plot of the thing was about (we did know aeon and trevor from the show, though), so it was nice to see what the gist of it was all about summed up.

i'm sure it will get bad reviews, but it's much better than most mindless action movies (maybe i say that because decent sci-fi is hard to find in the multiplex these days). i was a little disappointed that it wasn't as surreal or sexual as the show was, though... i guess that would have been hard to emulate using real actors.
testtubebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 09:36 AM   #2
Metallistar

Metallistar is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Metallistar
Sweet, I've been hesitent to go see it just caus it looks like a movie that could really suck. I'm glad to hear that its worth the watch. Plus Charlize looks HAWT!

1997 GTP & 1998 GTX
http://www.metallistar.com
Metallistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 09:43 AM   #3
Metallistar

Yep Yep
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aeon_flux_hi.jpg (53.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg aad.jpg (18.5 KB, 14 views)

1997 GTP & 1998 GTX
Old 12-04-2005, 11:22 AM   #4
johnny

johnny is on a distinguished road
i dunno man, i think the black hair makes her look less attractive.

i saw one or two previews of this movie and assumed it would get bad reviews, but if i ever rent and watch it some day in the distant future, i'm sure i will like it at least a little bit. it doesn't look like anything too special, but it also doesn't look absolutely terrible.
johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 01:01 PM   #5
thecreeper
Administrator

thecreeper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to thecreeper
some people were saying it was the worst movie of the year, this year's catwoman...etc. i dunno, i saw it, and it wasn't particularly bad, it was just very mediocre. it never really goes all out to be a serious movie that deals with issues and its never really a popcorn action movie, it just kinda straddles the line and ends up being unmemorable. and as much as i remember of the show (used to be a big fan when it was on), it felt more like an interpretation of the character and and the surroundings rather than a faithful adaptation. of course, peter chung has said many times that the original show wasn't supposed to bereally coherent and that you were supposed to draw your own conclusions, so i suppose it was going to piss of people regardless to try to make an hour and a half action movie out of a cult animated show.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:43 PM   #6
raublekick

raublekick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raublekick
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecreeper
it never really goes all out to be a serious movie that deals with issues and its never really a popcorn action movie, it just kinda straddles the line and ends up being unmemorable.
that's what i always liked about the show, but the animation style gave it lots of support. i'm not sure if the movie can do this nearly as well. i kinda wanna see it, but i probably won't.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:14 PM   #7
Metallistar

Ya know, the critics can kiss my ass on this one. I love how one critic thinks it bad and the rest of them in like like a bunch of blind mice. The move isnt oscar good but I enjoyed it. I would give it a 7/10 and well worth my trip to the theaters. The story could have been developed a lil better, but like creep said, the original basicaly had not story/plot which is what made it so facinitaing.

The movie was well adapted from its anime counterpart.

1997 GTP & 1998 GTX
Old 12-06-2005, 11:33 PM   #8
heX

heX is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to heX
i liked the movie alot and so did my gf. i used to watch the show all the time and even remember the first episode being aired on liquid television back in the day. wish the movie was a bit long to develope the peak of the plot before winding it back down. could have been a bit more sexual like the show. they couldve done it with real actors, no nudity was required. on the opening of the movie when they showed the eye ball i was on the edge of my seat, i was very excited. the use of the tongue work deffinetly was a straight copy of the show aswell. all in all id give it a 9/10 if you were a fan of the show and a 5/10 otherwise.
heX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 12:09 PM   #9
thecreeper
Administrator

thecreeper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to thecreeper
i got the box set of the show for christmas, and it's been a lot of fun to watch. i think they MTV-ized the movie too much for mass consumption, but i have found that i did enjoy the movie, even if i found some parts disappointing.