TheTestTube.com  

Go Back   TheTestTube.com > TTT > Miscellaneous
User Name
Password
Home FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Miscellaneous Insert random jibba-jabba here.

Old 12-21-2005, 09:47 AM   #1
GT2000
Playing God @ Your Xpense

GT2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to GT2000
The Xmas thread 2005

So yeah, what's everyone doing for the holidays..what do you want..what did you get for others?

I'm working 10-6 Xmas day, so I'm not sure how xmas will work, don't think anyone will be home when I get off work, so, no xmas for me, heh..won't feel like doing anything in the morning before I go to work, we'll see...

I got my bro Madden 06 for the ps2, my parents...I'm going to give my dad $100 cash and tell him he HAS to take my mom out with it, and that if I find out he did anything else with the money (like pay a bill or something), I'm holding rent for a month. For my baby...well, I can't say that right now, because then she'd read it here and it'd spoil it!

I wish I had more money for this xmas...but shit, I'm going to have to cut a $1200 check to the insurance company for overpayment...greedy jews..

I mean, ho ho ho.

Oh, and, all I really want...is my baby, and all the red-tape that we're having to go through to just go away..

and..the $10,000 that my job owes me would be nice too, leaving for court in an hour or so for that...

IS THAT ASKING TOO MUCH?!

Last edited by GT2000 : 12-21-2005 at 09:55 AM.
GT2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 04:47 PM   #2
malta

malta is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to malta
mom: $30 for barnes and noble, oven mits, slippers
dad: these for his ipod
bro: nothing because hes poor in san diego and doesn't want to do gifts. I'd like to get him something anyway but it'll be after christmas, and it'll probably be some music 12".

me: I want new headphones but the ones I want are discontinued. I know I'm getting a computer chair. My mom and I shopped for a computer desk but they were all ugly, too wide, too shitty or too expensive. So me and the pops are gonna build one. I didn't ask for anything else.
malta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 01:35 AM   #3
Jesse
Administrator

Jesse has disabled reputation
I don't really have money to get anything for anybody this year. But I'm sure my mom will toss a bit of green my way to do some shopping.

As for what I want, mainly just a PSP, with a couple games. Probably won't get it though, since my parents have been paying out the ass for my tuition for the last couple of years, and of course having to pay $1,700 in January. So, they'll probably just get me some clothes, maybe some shoes, and call it good.

And if I do get a PSP, hopefully I get a version 1.5 PSP, so I can easily play back up copies of games on it.

I also asked for a couple Flash books too.
We'll see if Santa has any Christmas spirit this year.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 03:33 PM   #4
thecreeper
Administrator

thecreeper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to thecreeper
some of my gifts were totally lazy for others but i didnt have much money, so oh well.

my girlfriend gave me my gifts early and i got the aeon flux box set, a johnny cash poster, and some nice clothes. all in all, a good deal.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:13 AM   #5
johnny

johnny is on a distinguished road
i'm going home for christmas. first my dad's home and then my mum's home, to be exact. i was pretty broke this year so i put all of my christmas shopping on my credit card and i hope that i can pay off my credit bill by next christmas. here are some presents i got for people:
  • dad: kitchen gadgets and stuff because he just built a new house and i think he needed some things (my dad is impossible to shop for so i consider myself lucky that i managed to think of this)
  • mum: a couple cds--neil young and blue rodeo greatest hits albums--and a small box of godiva chocolates. and i think something else? but i can't remember
  • nephew: ninja turtles sewer lair thing. he's just starting to get into the turtles, which is pretty awesome
  • neice: a game. it's cranium, but fer kids. it's called cadoo. i think she would have lots of fun playing it
  • sister: cds
  • brother-in-law: i still don't know yet

and what do i want fer christmas, you ask? well i asked my mom to knit me a pair of socks because they're the best socks ever, and to get me one or two sweaters. and i'm hoping that she gives me a new pair of moccasins because it just seems like a christmas tradition for her to give me moccasins for christmas every year. and i had hinted to my dad that i've been wanting to start collecting vinyl for quite some time now, so i would need a turntable to play it on... so who knows.
johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 02:01 AM   #6
malta

"nephew: ninja turtles sewer lair thing. he's just starting to get into the turtles, which is pretty awesome"

When I was little my best friend was insane about the show, and we'd play all the games especially the arcade game. Its cool hearing that kids are still into it. The movies were bad ass.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:26 AM   #7
johnny

johnny is on a distinguished road
i was michaelangelo for halloween once. actually, two years in a row i think.

yea the turtles are starting to get popular again. i think they made a new cartoon or something..?
johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 10:19 AM   #8
Liss
hex can see my boobs

Liss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Liss
thats what happened with the care bears and strawberry shortcake. Stealing from the 80s, eets bullsheet!
Liss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 04:03 PM   #9
Mike

Mike is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mike
I always liked Ghostbusters more than TMNT.

I got my parents a $50 gift certificate to this restaurant, and then got both of them some books (the new Frank McCourt book for my mom, and 1776 for my dad).
Sister #1: 5th season DVDs of Seinfeld
Sister #2: A camel bag from EASports ... the kind with the water bottles built into them. She runs triathalons and used to have one, but then lost it, so I got her this.
Girlfriend: Kodak EasyShare Z730, plus photo printer, 512 mb SDcard, tripod and carrying case... I <3 NewEgg.
My girlfriend's family: Got her parents a gift certificate to a restaurant and her sister some candles from the Yankee Candle factory, if you guys have those around you.
Grandmother: Gift card to Stop and Shop, a super market

I want... Guitar Hero for PS2, a gift certificate to NewEgg (though they really don't have them), a gift card to Barnes and Noble ... and some pants. Seems like every winter, I run out of pants.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 04:24 PM   #10
Marshall

Marshall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Marshall
I got my mom a desktop stereo thing for her new office.

I got my dad a meat smoker and a bunch of stuff to go with it.

thats all I bought.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 05:53 PM   #11
raublekick

raublekick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raublekick
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny
i was michaelangelo for halloween once. actually, two years in a row i think.

yea the turtles are starting to get popular again. i think they made a new cartoon or something..?

the new TMNT cartoon is INSANELY GOOD

so uh... christmasy stuff...
I got my sister both of the Harry and the Potters albums, and I got my mom some slippers and this decoration thing. i got my dad a framed woodstock ticket, it's pretty sweet.

i just asked for more videogames and a few books.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:55 PM   #12
thecreeper
Administrator

yes! amazon gift certificate! the possibilities are endless!

and some cash so far. i wasn't expecting a whole lot, i never ask for anything or really interact with the rest of my family.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:35 PM   #13
malta

While my parents are at midnight mass, I see I have 3 presents under the tree, not including the desk me and my dad are going to build (which may turn into a coffin/case for my turntables and mixer). One is the computer chair and the other 2 I'm not sure. My stocking has 2 gift certificates to Duff's my favorite resteraunt, from my dogs, which is cute.

And I didn't go to mass with them because I said I was beat, but suddenly I find myself not being able to sleep.

Last edited by malta : 12-24-2005 at 11:41 PM.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:43 PM   #14
raublekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecreeper
yes! amazon gift certificate! the possibilities are endless!

and some cash so far. i wasn't expecting a whole lot, i never ask for anything or really interact with the rest of my family.

nice dude. i asked for an Amazon gift certificate cus like you said, endless possibilities.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:47 AM   #15
Jesse
Administrator

Jesse has disabled reputation
Mike, I think my girlfriend got me Guitar Hero. I'm pretty sure she did. I had no idea what it could have been when I saw the box all wrapped up, but then later that day I went to a mall, and I saw the box for it, and I believe it to be a very close match.

I'll keep you updated.

As for what I bought.

Sister: I bought her the game Cranium. She likes games like that, and it's a pretty fun game, so, why not.

Mom: My girlfriend and I worked for hours tonight on my mom's gift. See, my mom plays a lot of World of Warcraft. And I mean a lot. So the other day while I was at my house with my girlfriend, I whispered into her ear about making my mom some fake WoW potions, and putting them into a chest. It worked out perfect. We went to Wal-Mart and got some small vial/beaker things, put in some water or vegetable oil, mixed with some food coloring, and added some glitter. Plugged it up with a cork, and then made some really fancy tags for the potions, which I tried to get to the real thing. I looked up a bunch of WoW potions online the other day, and got a bunch. So I tried to match the color to the potion as best I could. I did a bunch of other stuff to go along with the gift, but instead of describing it, I'll just get a picture.

Dad: For my dad, I got him some slippers, and something else, but I can't remember.

Girlfriend: I bought her the Animal Crossing game for her DS. She best like it.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 06:13 AM   #16
GT2000
Playing God @ Your Xpense

GT2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to GT2000
Haha...yeah, I forgot your Mom played WoW..that was a pretty cool idea, I'm sure she'll get a kick out of it.

Well, Xmas morning, so, Merry Xmas, ya'll. I need to grab a shower shortly and get ready for work...gots cable to fix.. bah.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:19 AM   #17
raublekick

GUITAR HERO

WEEDLY WEEDLY WEEDLY I COULD PLAY SMOKE ON THE WATER AND KILLER QUEEN ALL DAY
Old 12-25-2005, 12:05 PM   #18
thecreeper
Administrator

my haul today:

final fantasy IV advance
metroid prime pinball (AMAZING)
shaun of the dead
batman begins
spiderman 2
simpsons season 4
a shirt/hat combo
a new bag chair for school

and no one hated the gifts i got them (they might have even liked them :P )

score. awesome day.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:46 PM   #19
F a C e

F a C e is on a distinguished road
I'm not doing shit for Christmas. I was going to go to my hometown of Lubbock that is six hours west of here, but I decided I wasn't up to the drive. I went there for Thanksgiving anyway and have five days off from work cuz of Christmas, so I wanna use this time to just kick back and relax some. I just finished a semester too so that attributes to why I want to stay home this Christmas.

The company I work for has its headquarters in Newport Beach, CA and threw a party celebrating our collective accomplishments December 8th. They flew any employee that wanted to go from our Dallas office over there to party, so I bought a ticket for my mom and paid for a couple extra nights at the hotel (good gift huh?). We saw the San Diego Zoo, Wild Animal Park in San Diego, the Venice Beach Boardwalk and the beach at Newport Beach. We had a lot of fun and I'll be going back next year to do it again!

Got a DVD player for one of my brothers, burnt some CDs for my other brother, and bought my best friend and his wife a baby stroller cuz they are expecting in some months.

I am receiving a TI-89 Platinum for my math purposes in school.

I included some pics of Cali. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1890.JPG (62.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 026_26.JPG (51.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 013_13.JPG (122.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1901.JPG (78.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 095_95.JPG (156.5 KB, 6 views)
F a C e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 12:51 PM   #20
F a C e

F a C e is on a distinguished road
First one is of the San Diego Wild Animal Park, next is me with the ocean behind me at Newport Beach, my mom (she's not in the best of health cuz of this doctor that fucked up her surgery and has a big hernia protruding in her abdominal area) at the Hyatt Newporter, me with beach behind me in Venice (pardon the hair), and then some fucking orangutangs (spelling?) at the zoo in San Diego.

In this post first one is an aerial shot of San Diego and the zoo and then the execs of my company getting down at that party I mentioned. Enjoy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1809.JPG (92.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2636.JPG (69.7 KB, 5 views)
F a C e is offline   Reply With Quote