TheTestTube.com  

Go Back   TheTestTube.com > TTT > Miscellaneous
User Name
Password
Home FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Miscellaneous Insert random jibba-jabba here.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:47 PM   #1
heX

heX is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to heX
Movie site..

I like watching movies. I ran into a problem when trying to find movies I like, I'm too particular. I have a hard time finding movies that I even want to waste my time on. I thought back to when I have the Blockbuster/Net flicks program and how you could rate movies based on how you like them, then it makes recommendations based on what you like.

When searching for a site that does that I ended up finding http://www.criticker.com/

Criticker has become pretty addictive for me. Basically you go and rank movies 0-100. After 10 ranking it generates a basic profile for you and compares it to other's profiles. It then will begin to guess how much you would like a movie. At first it will be off about half the time, but the more you rank, the better it gets. It will end up being spooky how exact it is. For example after showing it to my friends at our last lan we would say a movie name out loud followed by what we would rank it. Then we'd look it up and it'd be exactly what we said.

After the site started getting accurate with me I started to watch suggested movies and it was spot on. Anyway the site allows you to do comparisons of your movie tastes with others, so I'd be curious what you guys get. My user name is "robby", let me know if any of you sign up.

side note: if you do look up my movie rankings, the bad ones haven't been ranked too accurately (if i don't like it, what does it matter?). I am going to go through them and fix that up when I have time.

The sites about us:

We hated Shrek 2 and were shocked that nobody agreed with us. In vain, we searched for friends who shared our opinion: Shrek 2 was nothing more than unfunny puns strung together by slick and soulless animation. And the donkey is the most annoying creation in recent cinema history.

But no, apparently Shrek 2 was universally loved. Only with much hard work did we discover others who shared our vehemenence. They exist, those rare people with tastes similar to ours, and nowadays we listen closely to their opinions. The experience taught us that it's not enough to read reviews and talk with friends -- you get the best recommendations from the people whose tastes best match yours. The idea of Criticker and the TCI (Taste Compatibility Index) was born.

Last edited by heX : 01-25-2009 at 08:32 PM.
heX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
raditz

raditz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to raditz
damn hex got me addicted

i'm up to almost 600 movies ... must ... keep ... ranking ...
raditz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:24 PM   #3
Liss
hex can see my boobs

Liss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Liss
This is really cool, thanks for the suggestion. I'm gonna have to start playing with it next chance I get.
Liss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:11 PM   #4
GT2000
Playing God @ Your Xpense

GT2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to GT2000
Maybe at some point in the past I said TTT wouldn't die unless hell froze over. Hell just froze over I'm thinking... thanks for the post, I'll look into this, I enjoy good (in my opinion..) movies.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:42 AM   #5
raditz

post the names you register uner so we can add eachother to our ''kumpels" (friends) and compare our stuff

can find me on there, - Brando
Old 01-31-2009, 09:55 PM   #6
raditz

so is anybody going to post their usernames or what?
Old 02-01-2009, 05:30 PM   #7
GT2000
Playing God @ Your Xpense

GT2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to GT2000
I haven't registered there yet... but, speaking of movies.. good time to go to circuit city if you have one around, 25% off dvds/blu-rays right now. Picked up Saw, Saw V, The Professional, Night of the Living Dead, and Doom for around 44 bucks total.