TheTestTube.com  

Go Back   TheTestTube.com > TTT > Miscellaneous
User Name
Password
Home FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Miscellaneous Insert random jibba-jabba here.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:10 PM   #1
GT2000
Playing God @ Your Xpense

GT2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to GT2000
X-mas '07

Well obviously no secret santa this year, but maybe if there's more activity next year I'll do it myself..

So what's on everyone's list this year anyways, or, what're you getting for others?
Old 12-09-2007, 03:22 PM   #2
raublekick

raublekick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raublekick
no idea on both fronts!!

i'm in a position in life where my expenses are very limited and i'm making plenty of money, so i can afford all the music / games that i want, really. other than those two categories there is nothing that i really want / need all that badly, unless someone wants to get me a new laptop or a guitar.

as for what i'm getting for other people... my dad is putting together a guitar and needs some paint / finishing products for it, so i'll probably go that route. i'm getting my sister a bed reading pillow thing and a book or two to go with it. still have no idea what to get my mom, she is always the hardest to shop for. that's about all i really do shopping for, though, so i don't have it too rough.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:39 PM   #3
GT2000

Yeah, Anya and I did some X-mas shopping today.. got some dvd box sets to disperse to family, a few gift cards from FYE/Gamestop/Walmart for some, Bed Bath and Beyond stuffs... and I think we're going to get my parents this.. http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/mp3/90a0/ I'm just hoping they are able to find their old vinyl collection in storage.. or wherever it may be, and that they are still playable.. this way they can rip them to mp3/cd, or this thing can hook up to a receiver and play through that. I'm just looking around the web trying to find a good site with a bunch of vinyls.. maybe a Blue Man Group album to go with it, we think they'd like that...
Old 12-10-2007, 02:27 AM   #4
Mr Biglesworth

Mr Biglesworth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Mr Biglesworth
I got a bunch of gifts for family and friends while I was in Kenya, but I held off on giving them away when I got back, so now i've got a bit of a free ticket by giving them all this exotic africa stuff. Personally I'm just asking for money for the next time I want to fly out somewhere. It won't cover anything but it will help.
Mr Biglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:34 PM   #5
squirrels2nuts

squirrels2nuts is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to squirrels2nuts Send a message via AIM to squirrels2nuts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie
Yeah, Anya and I did some X-mas shopping today.. got some dvd box sets to disperse to family, a few gift cards from FYE/Gamestop/Walmart for some, Bed Bath and Beyond stuffs... and I think we're going to get my parents this.. http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/mp3/90a0/ I'm just hoping they are able to find their old vinyl collection in storage.. or wherever it may be, and that they are still playable.. this way they can rip them to mp3/cd, or this thing can hook up to a receiver and play through that. I'm just looking around the web trying to find a good site with a bunch of vinyls.. maybe a Blue Man Group album to go with it, we think they'd like that...
you know if they already have a turntable all you need is a simple cable from radio shack to connect to your computer...

same thing with all those gimmicky ipod stereos

hell i bought a camcorder cable and can watch videos from my 5th gen without the stupidly expensive and short proprietary apple cable. all they did was switch the signals so that with a standard cable, video comes out of the red rca instead of the yellow.

but then, a cable makes for a pretty shitty present
squirrels2nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:44 PM   #6
GT2000

Yeah, I was thinking about that too, but since they don't have a turntable at all right now, figured it would be a good way to go.. Gave it to them lastnight, since my dad is heading back on the road friday and missing xmas/new years, they enjoyed.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:32 PM   #7
squirrels2nuts

Send a message via ICQ to squirrels2nuts Send a message via AIM to squirrels2nuts
i gotta turntable from goodwill for $10
it even has an 8-track recorder n shit, god knows that will come in handy.
also has the automatic uh.. ya know record playing thing... like it will throw a new one on after the last one finishes
hell i havent used it in forever

how long did that take to arrive? that site is fuckin cool i was lookin at shit on there the other day, think ill get the equalizer shirt, thats fuckin badass as hell
Old 12-13-2007, 11:03 AM   #8
GT2000

I'm not sure, but I think tonight is the deadline to order for xmas receival, their shipping isn't bad though from what I remember, but then again, I think they ship out of Virginia, lucky me.

Overall, they can be trusted. I ordered that turntable from Amazon actually instead and received it the following day, today I should be receiving The Beatles - Abbey Road for my parents to actually try it out with.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:49 PM   #9
thecreeper
Administrator

thecreeper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to thecreeper
im so lost about presents this year.

i kinda feel like i've distanced myself from a lot of family and whereas shopping was pretty easy a year or two ago, its become a real problem now. quite simply, i dont know what they like anymore.

i guess on the plus side, the one person i always have problems buying for (my gf) seems to be a lot easier this year.

i wish thetesttube had enough interest and people for a secret santa this year :/
Old 12-17-2007, 08:50 AM   #10
squirrels2nuts

i got yer present right here pal ~c=8
Old 12-17-2007, 01:35 PM   #11
GT2000

Zach LOVES yogurt!

Yeah, the place has died down even more than usual over the past several months, I'm at a time where I don't know what I'm doing with it right now..
Old 12-18-2007, 03:32 AM   #12
Plain Old Jane
i hate vagina

Plain Old Jane can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Plain Old Jane
you guys remember that time that me and neil were at colins house and his mom came in and she smelled like tuna and she started rubbing neil's crotch. That was wierd.

Anyway, im getting everyone ice cream in my favorite flavor, INDISCRIMINATE SLAUGHTER!