View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 08:21 PM   #4
Plain Old Jane
i hate vagina

Plain Old Jane can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Plain Old Jane
GMAN CONJECTURE

G-Man: The mysterious source of all our woes. but what is he? I can tell you what he isnt:

he is not gordon from the future.
he is not human.
he is not interested in humanity, so much as he is interested in the destruction of the combine.

I believe he has an agenda, and that would be to bring the REAL combine to earth to fight the final battle, perhaps the combine has more than one enemy in their universe, or other universes. (dr. mossman makes a distinction between this universe and the combines in the elevator scene in black mesa east.)

Im not sure, but since the vorts cannot ascertain what his purpose is either, except that it doesnt nessesarily involve them, then it is fair to assume that he doesnt exactly exist in our notion of time or timelessness, it would be fair to say also, that he exists outside even the concept of time.

Ever played anachronox? one method of prologing ones existance in a universe even after its demise is to reach out into other instances of the universe. imagine a circle growing from a single point out, slowing, then contracting back into that single point from sheer gravity. Thats the nature of the universe in that game. and these concentric instances of the universe have different forces, ones that may lack certain concepts or have extra inconcievable ones. It may be that a universe parralel on this 'timeline' is colonizing other universes once they detect a portal (the resonance cascade failure) from the first game. and this is what the combine is, universe colonizers.

or they could be from a reality entirely detachted from our own... im not sure, but whatever the nature of the combine is, Gman must be opposed to it. perhaps hes some kind of saint after all, or a resource thirsty rogue sellilng out the only person in existance with "choice" to the highest bidder. or perhaps hes the true enemy... or perhaps all three, seems to be the most realistic, but then, we're talking about different universes here, im not sure theres a status quo anymore.

Heres a fact tho. HL2 is when YOU realize the nature of Gman as being anti-combine. but HL2 is the second time gordan has landed a blow against the combine, when he freed xen in HL1 was the first.

perhaps gman has been around for a while. maybe he was planning this the entire time. regardless, he seems to be, in the summery of all three gordan based games, to be fighting the combine, and in HL2 and ep 1, seems to be luring them to earth. (hence this transmission they must send, and gman didnt want gordan to go back to earth yet, but the vorts took him. why? to let everyone escape city 17. and why does gman want the transmission to go out? to lure them to earth so gordan (or someone, remember Adrian Shephard from opposing force, hes in the timelessness right now too.) can kill em.

No matter what amount of thought you've invested in the series, it can be as complex or as simple as you want it and be fun either way. Hats off to you valve. now get cracking on ep 2.

BTW, i realize this is long and engaging, but if you have thoughts or critisicms on my conjecture, let me know i think this shit is AWEXOME!

Last edited by Plain Old Jane : 01-13-2007 at 08:29 PM.
Plain Old Jane is offline   Reply With Quote