View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 04:30 AM   #13
Optimus Funk

Optimus Funk is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Optimus Funk
I just finished Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones. I have to say I was blow away, upon finishing it I finally watched the movie by Miyazaki. I loved, LOVED the book. The movies is most definitely in my top ten as well. I can't put to words how this movie makes you feel it is pure and true escapism not in a bad way either. The world it creates is unlike any other I have ever read, seen, thought, and imagined. Her vision is so prolific, and I hardly meet someone who knows who the hell I am talking about(when I talk about Jones). I mean she was so inspiring she wrote a story that a Japanese director(world renown) translated it from English to Japanese just to direct it in his own vision. It is a story of true beauty, majesty, love and war, that can be related in today's more then bleak world in so many ways. I am so thrilled to read the sequel of this novel. I say this to stormy you want to have a good time and forget the world for a bit, rent this movie, or read the novel(I prefer the novel then book but thats just me). Fuck I always get a little down after finishing a novel, cause its over, I really just want to pick up the sequel but it always takes a little to get back into the feel cause the writer has a new outlook, whether it be more callus or open-minded regardless it is different and the feeling of that first book can never be mimicked. Oh well I as always remain optimistic and can't wait to dive into Castle in the Sky.

((I know it is a "children's book", but I have read the harry potter books as well, this is comparable. I do like Jones stories better in truth, but they are suitable for adults and children. I always like light reading during the summer anyway, so :P ))

"MY LOVE FOR YOU IS LIKE A TRUCK, BERSERKER!,
WOULD YOU LIKE SOME MAKING FUCK?, BERSERKER!"

Last edited by Optimus Funk : 06-14-2007 at 04:39 AM.
Optimus Funk is offline   Reply With Quote