View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 02:21 AM   #1
Jesse
Administrator

Jesse has disabled reputation
Check out some of my 3d stuff.

I've been getting into a lot of 3d modeling and animation within the last year, and just the other night I taught myself how to rig up models with bone structures, for complex animations. So I started playing around and ended up with the quick little animation you see below.

Immediately after I finished this one, I was inspired to begin working on a very complex animation. I did a number of different sketches of this during idle time at work and in classes. And tonight I was finally able to sit down and get cracking on it.

What I'm gonna make is a 3d ball that rolls into the scene from the horizon. Once the ball stops, it begins transforming and opening up. Once it is fully opened, 4 mechanical arms will fold out from the inside, and on the end of each arm, will be a screen. If it comes out like I'm thinking it will, I might turn the whole thing into my new portfolio website. The entire thing would be Flash animated. It'll look pretty rad if I can get it to what I'm thinking about.

Anyway, here's a couple pics of what I got done tonight. I skimped on a few details for now. I'll go back and add all kinds of small stuff once the big stuff is done.

And as it's opened:

Completely opened:

As I said, there's lots more to be done to it.

And here is a quick 2-3 second animation test I did. The model used in this brief animation is what I had before I started over. Though animation will be exactly the same, there will be mechanical arms attached to everything, as you see above.

Anowho, it's time for bed.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote