Thread: X-mas '07
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 11:34 PM   #5
squirrels2nuts

squirrels2nuts is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to squirrels2nuts Send a message via AIM to squirrels2nuts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie
Yeah, Anya and I did some X-mas shopping today.. got some dvd box sets to disperse to family, a few gift cards from FYE/Gamestop/Walmart for some, Bed Bath and Beyond stuffs... and I think we're going to get my parents this.. http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/mp3/90a0/ I'm just hoping they are able to find their old vinyl collection in storage.. or wherever it may be, and that they are still playable.. this way they can rip them to mp3/cd, or this thing can hook up to a receiver and play through that. I'm just looking around the web trying to find a good site with a bunch of vinyls.. maybe a Blue Man Group album to go with it, we think they'd like that...
you know if they already have a turntable all you need is a simple cable from radio shack to connect to your computer...

same thing with all those gimmicky ipod stereos

hell i bought a camcorder cable and can watch videos from my 5th gen without the stupidly expensive and short proprietary apple cable. all they did was switch the signals so that with a standard cable, video comes out of the red rca instead of the yellow.

but then, a cable makes for a pretty shitty present
squirrels2nuts is offline   Reply With Quote