Thread: Life Updates
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 02:24 PM   #9
Jesse
Administrator

Jesse has disabled reputation
I meant to post in this thread when I saw it a couple weeks ago, but, I didn't have time, then I forgot. But don't worry, I'll do it now.

At present, I'm 20, 21 in February. I'm in college, working towards a Bachelor's in Web Design. Last semester I was an Audio/Video production major, but, there was lots of work and studying involved, and the last thing I want to do in college is work and study. And since they had just launched a new web design program at my school, with a great teacher, I figured I'd go with that, being that it's been a hobby of mine for years.

Safe to say that I'm probably the best student in the program here. And the teacher is always really impressed by my work. And he's talked with me about the job opportunities at his web/software development company. So, I suppose my future could potentially be looking pretty good. Hopefully since I enjoy doing web design with my free time, I'll enjoy it as a career. You never know though.

Next semester I begin interactive design classes, with Flash and what not. Hopefully that'll really be my time to shine.

I haven't given much thought about internships yet, but I'm sure that I will eventually.

I have no job. It's hard to find a job with my piercings, and 2-tone dreadlocks. But, I'm not really complaining. I knew it'd be hard to get a job with this appearence. Maybe after college, when I really need to clean myself up, I will.

I sort of 'run' a street team for my favorite band, The Berzerker. As of now, it's just a MySpace group with about 250 members in it, but before the end of the year I want to build an offical website.

I suppose that's all until the next 'life updates' thread.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote