Thread: college.... bah
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 02:06 PM   #3
testtubebaby

testtubebaby is on a distinguished road
i'll be the first to say this, and i believe that anyone who has gone to college and/or looked into college will agree with me:

most of the time, when you're applying to get into a college, this is the time that you ask for such advice, not after you've been accepted. now you're out the acceptance fee, which in my opinion is kind of dumb, and it seems to me that you still have no idea where you want to go to college.

most people pick colleges based on what they want to get out of the college... like, oh, i don't know, a specific line of study. this is something you're not going to get much information on here, since i doubt any of us are up on the things you're looking to get out of a college (fencing and... sympathy? honestly, no one here really knows what it is you do other than that... correct me if this is not the case).

basically what i'm saying is:

1. you're past the point of needing to know about these schools.
2. you should have had them ranked in some sort of order of importance (relative to your situation) beforehand so this would be a non-issue.
3. seems to me that you don't know why you're going to college in the first place, and maybe you should sit down and think about why it is this is important to you. then, you can use that list to cross reference with research on these schools that you yourself will have to do, because i don't think anyone on here is going to do your research for you.

Last edited by testtubebaby : 10-18-2005 at 02:08 PM.
testtubebaby is offline   Reply With Quote