View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 11:55 AM   #14
Plain Old Jane
i hate vagina

Plain Old Jane can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Plain Old Jane
yea, you guys get the idea. ^_^

I wanna add one more tho.

-I was the focus of an attempt to convert me to amway. Of course, they're called quixstar now. My first clue, they replaced all the appliances and disposable items in their house with Quixstar products. They endorsed going to "business meetings" every thursday and buying motovational materials and purchasing a 'starter package' that would make a me an "Independant Business Owner." First of all, they never mentioned amway when I listened to the pitch, tho I can understand why. The business meetings are not business meetings, they're more like cult sermons where you go every week to hear how successful SOME people get, you buy motovational tapes and books made by the top sellers which make up 3/4 of their income. They were actually under investigation for cult-like activities because of the way people changed when they joined. They got rid of their other possesions and bought all amway, tried to convert all their friends, and distanced themselves (under direction from the people above you in the pyramid scheme.) from their friends and family who spoke evilly of amway. Secondly, they call you an independant business owner, but there is no business becuase you arent selling anything, you're just replacing your shit with it and trying to get your friends to as well, you're dependant on your upline (people above you) for products and motovation and training, so you're not independant, and you dont own anything because you arent a direct seller.

They're also investigated for antitrust laws, pyramid scheme-like behavior, and currently the owners cheated canada out of 28,000,000 dollars of which they've only paid back 25mil so they cannot be extridited. The groups openly endorse everything that is conservatively christian in america nowadays, including giving heavily to the republican party, praying at "business meetings," and openly hating homosexuals. I read about a marginally successful homosexual who had to leave amway due to the flack he was getting from his compatriots.

If any of you ever do any of this, I will stab you in the throat.

I'm sorry, that really chaps my persperated ass...