Thread: London bombings
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2005, 10:06 AM   #2
Mr Biglesworth

Mr Biglesworth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Mr Biglesworth
slowly but surely, the first world will feel it... isn't that what was promised?
It's difficult to see any great order or planning behind this. Lacking a suitable target or gameplan, post 9/11, mostly indiscriminate bouts of opportunistic bombings are marking the terrorist campaign against the first world. Yes, London was logical today. Some people are drawing connections between yesterday's victory in securing the 2012 Olympics but I think that's bunk. The attacks coinciding with the G8 summit is the most symbolic aspect, along with the fact that an attack on britain has probably been a long desired target. But there's nothing about the bombs that couldn't have happened any other time. It's pretty clear that bringing the war closer to home while the G8 leaders meet was the main objective, though perhaps lacking a more tangible or concrete goal.

My sister was in London earlier this week visiting my grandmother's friend. She called here just a few minutes before i found out about the bombings and now she's trying to contact this friend in London. So far there's only been 2 [Edit: make that 33] reported casualties and over 100 injuries [Make that 300, and this is only from 3 attack site], but the number of attacks haven't even been confirmed yet. Officially it's 4 but i saw reports of up to 7. I'm sure the number of casualties will go up as the day wears on.

Last edited by Mr Biglesworth : 07-07-2005 at 10:15 AM.
Mr Biglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote