Thread: this war sucks.
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2005, 09:47 PM   #12
Mike

Mike is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mike
Jep ... you know as well as anybody in the world that there are alternative forms of energy. The problem with them is that they are not efficient enough for the cost. Currently, the most efficient relative to the price is oil... Once oil becomes to0 expensive for it's efficiency, as we begin to use more of it, we'll switch to one of those alternative sources and/or be forced to develope new ones.

This won't lead to a bleak future. It WILL reshape the Middle East and oil rich nations who will have to find a way to satiate their citizens with rights; and it will reshape big business accross the globe... It's not an end of times or an end of pleasantries. In fact, it probably won't be an end to anything...

Quote:
The war is stupid slow and doesnt solve ANY of our problems, its base was built on a lie perpetrated by one who will make money on all this.
It's already solved many problems (in the last three years, liberalism has spread more in the Middle East than in the 80 years before it)... and it was never built on a lie, it was justified to the masses with false information (which I'd assume you think is a lie, which is a fair thought, though I'd disagree). Don't confuse justifications for the basis of something. As for who the leaders of this war were, if you see it as bad, I'm sure you'll blame the conservatives or republicans, and if it turns out good, I'm sure you'll try to look for another reason.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote