TheTestTube.com

TheTestTube.com (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   TestFest 2007: July 13-15 - Planning Thread (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1204)

thecreeper 04-17-2007 11:35 PM

TestFest 2007: July 13-15 - Planning Thread

I figured we needed another thread. I will update the first post in this thread as needed. Post to let me know if you are coming, and we will start a list.

The current plan is:

Ocean City, MD
July 13-15.
Paradise Plaza Hotel
1 Room, can reserve another if needed.
We should probably meet on Thursday, July 12 and leave early Friday morning to get the most out of the weekend.
If someone wants to come but is afraid costs are a problem, let us know soon. Optimus and I can help get some people out for the weekend.

Tentative attendees so far:
thecreeper
raublekick
Optimus Funk
Artmead
Jesse
Donnie
ILoveDonnie

Stormy (?)
testtubebaby (?)
Hex + Rad (?)
Cid (?)
Subsy (?)

I'm gonna try to get ahold of Zell, Sharkz, Tristan, and a few others to see if i can increase the number of Tubers.

Jesse 04-18-2007 01:01 AM

I advise any Tuber to try and make this. Who knows if there will be another.

Just checked greyhound. My bus ticket if bought 7 days in advance would be $86, which, is pretty fare. Unless there's a way I could carpool with anybody. I'll be in Boston this summer, if anybody's passing on thru.

When should I arrive and depart?

thecreeper 04-18-2007 08:40 PM

I recommend being in Lancaster or Philadelphia, PA by Thursday night, July 12th. That way we don't waste Friday. We get together then, and leave early Friday. So anytime in the afternoon, someone here can get ya. If you can convince Mike (Rebel10) to come, you two could carpool (that would be a great odd couple car ride). I recommend checking orbitz and southwest for fun fares into Philly International too, it would save a lot of time.

Leaving? up to you, but i would say plan a bus/plane ride for sunday night (not too early) or monday morning.

Jesse 04-18-2007 09:03 PM

Alright, it's the same price to go from Boston to Philidelphia, as it would be to go straight to Ocean City, so I can do that instead.

I can get into Philly as early as 8:30AM. Can somebody be there to get me?

thecreeper 04-18-2007 09:16 PM

on what day? i'll likely have to work Thursday, but i get off work at 4pm and can get you at any time afterwards.

also, if you wanna go straight to oc, you can, but that's up to you. its another 2.5 hours from lancaster area to OC

Jesse 04-18-2007 09:18 PM

If I got to Philly at 5pm, could you pick me up?

thecreeper 04-18-2007 10:25 PM

yes sir. if its the airport, no problem, or 30th Street Station or Suburban Station or something like that. the train goes to all those places.

squirrels2nuts 04-19-2007 01:31 AM

oh theres maryland on a map
all tucked away down there

Mr Biglesworth 04-19-2007 11:38 AM

This whole thing might do better if you deliberately don't differentiate with TestyFesty.

GT2000 04-19-2007 12:15 PM

Right on.. I'll be reserving my room this weekend.

thecreeper 04-19-2007 07:50 PM

sweeet

thecreeper 04-25-2007 09:16 PM

so seriously, i want to know who is coming.

jesse and i will violently molest you until you say yes.

Optimus Funk 04-26-2007 12:49 PM

No! (but I just want to see you guys try to molest me, It is both of you right? ;) )

GT2000 05-03-2007 09:15 PM

Ok so I haven't reserved the room yet like I had said I would.. right.. but, I will tomorrow, promise.. yeah.. ok. Seriously, I will, I came on here to find this thread to remind myself of which hotel this was at, going to give them a call tomorrow.

thecreeper 05-03-2007 09:43 PM

do it donnie. do it right.

we're counting on you.

this weekend will be awesome.

GT2000 05-04-2007 05:05 PM

Yeah.. I'm not paying $250/night.

What other hotels are there right there on the strip in walking distance of this one?

GT2000 05-05-2007 08:12 AM

So yeah, give me some options soon so I can work something out, I need to get a room reserved (somewhere soon), and Anya's friend in R.I. needs to get her and her hubby a room reserved..

Won't be home much this weekend, leaving for Richmond shortly for the race that's going to probably get rained out.. so I'll be heading back to Richmond tomorrow, probably..heh.

Good thing I took tomorrow off work...

thecreeper 05-06-2007 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnie
Yeah.. I'm not paying $250/night.

What other hotels are there right there on the strip in walking distance of this one?

whoa...250? holy hell. i don't think hohman paid that much for our room.

plim plaza hotel isnt that far away and is alright, um...

beach walk hotel is a block up the street on 10th and boardwalk and has decent reviews...

americana hotel is right next door but i cant speak for the quality there...

there's a place called wellington hotel a block off the boards on 9th and Baltimore Ave...

honestly, just look for places between between 1st street and 20th street, and if you want it to be cheaper, look for places not on the boardwalk.

i can't recommend that many places because i really have not stayed at all that many there.

GT2000 05-07-2007 06:08 AM

Yeah, they quoted me right around 250.. understandable that it's around mid-summer and all.. but still, that's for a room without a jacuzi even..

If it weren't for the fact that we're going to be moving around that time, and looking to buy a 2nd car, I probably would've never flinched at that price, lol. I'll have a look around soon.

GT2000 05-07-2007 09:35 AM

Yeah, the others are all pretty pricey too from what I can see, Beach Walk has rooms for 129/night, might reserve it later in the day after I have the talk with Anya, we'll see!