TheTestTube.com

TheTestTube.com (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Xmas Loot 2006 (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/showthread.php?t=997)

GT2000 12-25-2006 07:20 AM

Xmas Loot 2006

We're not exchanging gifts until sometime between 9 and 10 this morning.. what did you all get/give? :xmastongu

Jesse 12-25-2006 09:33 AM

I got some clothes, rechargeable AA batteries and a charger (for the Wii), cologne (Jovan musk for men, it smells so goddamn good), Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, a really comfy pillow, gift cards, a wood burning kit (which I might ask them to take back for a refund. Odds are I won't use it very much, cause...I've never been into that sort of thing. So, I might tell them to see if they can bring it back, and do something else with the cash.) some nice headphones (http://www.skullcandy.com/product_in...ushers&id=497), and my parents said in a week or so I can order something off NewEgg if I want.

Ever since I've been in college I can't ask for too much. My parents pay my tuition, which is quite a hefty bill to foot. But they still get me some pretty decent stuff.

raublekick 12-25-2006 09:55 PM

i got:
  • Guitar Hero 2 (beat hard mode today with my sister to get all of the songs unlocked)
  • Elite Beat Agents (jesus, this game is so fun, and i love the songs. earth wind & fire? jamiraquai? avril lavigne? sign me up!)
  • The Art of UNIX Programming by Eric S. Raymond (neeeeeeeeerd)
  • The Cathedral and the Bazaar by Eric S. Raymond (neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd)
  • The Varieties of Scientific Experience: A Personal View of the Search for God by Carl Sagan (hippie neeeeerd)
  • monies
  • a wallet to put monies in (i desperately needed one and thank god my grandma got me one)
  • some stuff

i gave:
  • for mom, a tabletop wine rack with three bottles of my favorite wine
  • for dad: a gift certificate to a local coffee shop and a print of this one painting
  • for sister: two Phish CDs

GT2000 12-25-2006 10:43 PM

It was a great xmas in the McKay household today.

Family gift, pool/air hockey table, although the pool table surface is goofed and it might go back, it's still awesome having one in the garage.

Got my mom a Logitech Harmoney remote, some candies. Dad, got him a sears gift card since he's hard to buy for. For Anya, got her an iPod alarm clock, 7.2mp camera with 512mb card, and camera bag, my parents got her a bowling ball with bag, a new hair straightener, and a ton of little stuff, cocoa mugs (for both of us), candies, etc. I got my brother madden 07 hall of fame, he got me a leather jacket, parents got me ffxii ce, a pool cue, a huge budweiser mug. Anya got me a couple of back massagers, one for my desk chair, the other for my car and or work van, a despair (procrastination) wall poster, and she's been working on a cross-stitch of a white tiger for 2 months, not finished, but looks amazing. I can't even think of what else, but it was a good one, and I had a good time giving the gifts and seeing the smiles.

heX 12-26-2006 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse
cologne (Jovan musk for men, it smells so goddamn good)

i got that last year from my girlfriends grand ma, and i think it smells like ass. :x

this year i got cologne (true star, makes me smell all enrique like), a new cell phone, final fantasy iii, 200 in cash and a $50(i think) gift card to texas roadhouse(steak).

i gave:
my girlfriend a purse she wanted (only after giving her one i know she didnt want to make her think i messed up then when she was pretending she liked it i let her know i was just pulling her leg and gave her, her real purse.)

me+my gf gave:

gave my mom a cd player (she wanted for our upcoming road trip to tx). a new coffe mug and some bath soaps. (i dont understand girl stuff)
got my sister some boots or something that she wanted.
got my bro inlaw a gift card to journeys so he could get the shoes he wanted.
we got my nephew some pirates of the caribbean toys.
and got my brother some colgone.

i thinks thats it. im thinking about going shopping for my gfs parents today since i havent seen them yet anyway. im completely stumped on what to get them though.

Jesse 12-26-2006 03:28 AM

That's awesome to hear about your Christmas, Donnie. You're always posting about your hardships/injuries/weddings. I like when good things happen to good people.

iLoveDonnie 12-26-2006 09:58 AM

Pardon me? What's our wedding doing in the list of bad things?!?
Anyway, merry christmas to everyone!
And, i love you, Donnie!

Jesse 12-26-2006 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iLoveDonnie
Pardon me? What's our wedding doing in the list of bad things?!?
Anyway, merry christmas to everyone!
And, i love you, Donnie!

I was just teasing.

johnny 12-26-2006 01:09 PM

things i gave out:
  • mum: wine, books
  • dad: things for his kitchen
  • sister: cookbook
  • neice & nephew: toys!
  • brother-in-law: a book

i received some good books: jpod by douglas coupland, david suzuki's autobiography, the artist and the mathematician by amir aczel, and this is my country what's yours? by noah richler.
i was also given some new clothes, and another harmonica (in the key of d).
oh, and a new pair of moccasins.

all of my presents were great, and i had a fun weekend. i spent most of my time building my nephew's toys for him yesterday (while he somewhat impatiently tried to help and encourage me to work more quickly).

Liss 12-27-2006 04:04 PM

We decided that with my family all spread out this year, we would do a secret santa system instead of everyone buying everyone gifts. I had my mom's fiance; I bought him a sirius satellite radio system because nascar is no longer on xm, and he would never survive without hearing the race at work. And of course because I love everyone too much to give them nothing, I got them all see's candies from california (try them, they're the best), dvds, panties for my sister (it's tradition), blah blah blah. I got some little things from my mom, books, journals, etc, and my secret santa, my little brother, gave me a heavy ass box, which turned out to be filled with sand...and 200 bucks. Not bad shopping for a 15 year old.

The secret santa thing worked out great -- we all got what we wanted instead of a bunch of junk that we didn't...my sister and my sister in law both got new digital cameras, my brother got an xbox 360, etc.

Jesse 12-27-2006 04:06 PM

So Liss, now that your sister has some new panties...

...Can I have her old ones?

Artmead 12-27-2006 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raublekick
i got:
  • for sister: two Phish CDs

Jesus Christ dude, your sister just went from being a secret stoner to a damn dirty hippy with shit for brains. Good job contributing to that.

I got, Monies. Monies. oh yea, Monies

I gave

Bro: Redskins hat, Poker book
Dad: Redskins DVDs, Starbucks gift set, Starbucks gift cards
Mommy: Some monies, Starbucks gift set, Starbucks gift card

raublekick 12-27-2006 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artmead
Jesus Christ dude, your sister just went from being a secret stoner to a damn dirty hippy with shit for brains. Good job contributing to that.

I got, Monies. Monies. oh yea, Monies

I gave

Bro: Redskins hat, Poker book
Dad: Redskins DVDs, Starbucks gift set, Starbucks gift cards
Mommy: Some monies, Starbucks gift set, Starbucks gift card

hey dude, phish is alright man.

thecreeper 12-29-2006 07:45 PM

Canon SD600 Digital Camera
tons...tons of dress clothes, some casual, a nice jacket, gloves, scarf
Venture Bros Season 1/Clerks 2
"A Man, A Can, A Plan" Cookbook
"50 Jobs Worse Than Yours" Book
Johnny Cash Live at Folsom vinyl (in a fucking GREAT shape)
the rest of it was gift cards for the most part

and no video games. this is a first since i can remember ever getting presents. i'm not too bummed though, i have enough as it is, and i really didn't want anything for christmas aside from the camera, so everything else is just really nice bonuses.

Optimus Funk 12-30-2006 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raublekick
hey dude, phish is alright man.

So is your sister!, socio!

Jesse 12-30-2006 03:56 AM

I got the last of my girlfriend's gifts to me today.

By the same author as The House of Leaves.

trademark 12-31-2006 10:52 PM

got-

sweater from cousin
digital camcorder and egyptian cotton pillowcase (!?!?) from parents
ds lite + mario hoops from my gf

gave-

wacom tablet, 2 sweaters, a couple polos and a coat for my gf (way too much maybe..)
coat for my mom
purse and polo for my sisters

and that's about it.. i have to get my dad something still but i wont see him for at least another month so i've got time