TheTestTube.com

TheTestTube.com (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   X-mas '07 (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1432)

GT2000 12-09-2007 03:10 PM

X-mas '07

Well obviously no secret santa this year, but maybe if there's more activity next year I'll do it myself..

So what's on everyone's list this year anyways, or, what're you getting for others?

raublekick 12-09-2007 03:22 PM

no idea on both fronts!!

i'm in a position in life where my expenses are very limited and i'm making plenty of money, so i can afford all the music / games that i want, really. other than those two categories there is nothing that i really want / need all that badly, unless someone wants to get me a new laptop or a guitar.

as for what i'm getting for other people... my dad is putting together a guitar and needs some paint / finishing products for it, so i'll probably go that route. i'm getting my sister a bed reading pillow thing and a book or two to go with it. still have no idea what to get my mom, she is always the hardest to shop for. that's about all i really do shopping for, though, so i don't have it too rough.

GT2000 12-09-2007 04:39 PM

Yeah, Anya and I did some X-mas shopping today.. got some dvd box sets to disperse to family, a few gift cards from FYE/Gamestop/Walmart for some, Bed Bath and Beyond stuffs... and I think we're going to get my parents this.. http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/mp3/90a0/ I'm just hoping they are able to find their old vinyl collection in storage.. or wherever it may be, and that they are still playable.. this way they can rip them to mp3/cd, or this thing can hook up to a receiver and play through that. I'm just looking around the web trying to find a good site with a bunch of vinyls.. maybe a Blue Man Group album to go with it, we think they'd like that...

Mr Biglesworth 12-10-2007 02:27 AM

I got a bunch of gifts for family and friends while I was in Kenya, but I held off on giving them away when I got back, so now i've got a bit of a free ticket by giving them all this exotic africa stuff. Personally I'm just asking for money for the next time I want to fly out somewhere. It won't cover anything but it will help.

squirrels2nuts 12-11-2007 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnie
Yeah, Anya and I did some X-mas shopping today.. got some dvd box sets to disperse to family, a few gift cards from FYE/Gamestop/Walmart for some, Bed Bath and Beyond stuffs... and I think we're going to get my parents this.. http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/mp3/90a0/ I'm just hoping they are able to find their old vinyl collection in storage.. or wherever it may be, and that they are still playable.. this way they can rip them to mp3/cd, or this thing can hook up to a receiver and play through that. I'm just looking around the web trying to find a good site with a bunch of vinyls.. maybe a Blue Man Group album to go with it, we think they'd like that...

you know if they already have a turntable all you need is a simple cable from radio shack to connect to your computer...

same thing with all those gimmicky ipod stereos

hell i bought a camcorder cable and can watch videos from my 5th gen without the stupidly expensive and short proprietary apple cable. all they did was switch the signals so that with a standard cable, video comes out of the red rca instead of the yellow.

but then, a cable makes for a pretty shitty present

GT2000 12-12-2007 12:44 PM

Yeah, I was thinking about that too, but since they don't have a turntable at all right now, figured it would be a good way to go.. Gave it to them lastnight, since my dad is heading back on the road friday and missing xmas/new years, they enjoyed.

squirrels2nuts 12-12-2007 02:32 PM

i gotta turntable from goodwill for $10
it even has an 8-track recorder n shit, god knows that will come in handy.
also has the automatic uh.. ya know record playing thing... like it will throw a new one on after the last one finishes
hell i havent used it in forever

how long did that take to arrive? that site is fuckin cool i was lookin at shit on there the other day, think ill get the equalizer shirt, thats fuckin badass as hell

GT2000 12-13-2007 11:03 AM

I'm not sure, but I think tonight is the deadline to order for xmas receival, their shipping isn't bad though from what I remember, but then again, I think they ship out of Virginia, lucky me.

Overall, they can be trusted. I ordered that turntable from Amazon actually instead and received it the following day, today I should be receiving The Beatles - Abbey Road for my parents to actually try it out with.

thecreeper 12-16-2007 10:49 PM

im so lost about presents this year.

i kinda feel like i've distanced myself from a lot of family and whereas shopping was pretty easy a year or two ago, its become a real problem now. quite simply, i dont know what they like anymore.

i guess on the plus side, the one person i always have problems buying for (my gf) seems to be a lot easier this year.

i wish thetesttube had enough interest and people for a secret santa this year :/

squirrels2nuts 12-17-2007 08:50 AM

i got yer present right here pal ~c=8

GT2000 12-17-2007 01:35 PM

Zach LOVES yogurt!

Yeah, the place has died down even more than usual over the past several months, I'm at a time where I don't know what I'm doing with it right now..

Plain Old Jane 12-18-2007 03:32 AM

you guys remember that time that me and neil were at colins house and his mom came in and she smelled like tuna and she started rubbing neil's crotch. That was wierd.

Anyway, im getting everyone ice cream in my favorite flavor, INDISCRIMINATE SLAUGHTER!