TheTestTube.com  

Go Back   TheTestTube.com > TTT > Miscellaneous
User Name
Password
Home FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Miscellaneous Insert random jibba-jabba here.

Old 04-18-2006, 04:47 PM   #1
Liss
hex can see my boobs

Liss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Liss
Unhappy motorcycleee

My very good guy friend back in Alabama got in a motorcycle wreck late last night. He was hit head on and run over on the highway. He's in the intensive care unit in critical condition, undergoing mass surgeries to repair shattered bones (including his pelvis, a femur, and several bones in his arm) and ruptured internal organs. He has a severe concussion, but seems as though he's avoided brain and spinal damage.

I can NOT stand being so far away and helpless. In one week, a girl friend fractured her foot, a guy friend had to get 33 stiches in his back after a boat "accident", my little cousin gave birth, and this guy friend almost died. And I haven't been there for any of those people that I am so close to. I gave blood today in his honor and will be putting together care-packages, but otherwise I'm totally helpless.
Liss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:18 PM   #2
thecreeper
Administrator

thecreeper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to thecreeper
jesus, run over?

i hope he's alright.

Old 04-19-2006, 11:39 AM   #3
sneakdiss

sneakdiss is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sneakdiss
Sorry to hear that..god bless
sneakdiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:59 PM   #4
Liss
hex can see my boobs

Liss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Liss
Thanks guys. I got good news from my brother yesterday.

He was on a brand new bike (he's been riding for years on another) and apparently finally cracked and bought a full-face helmet to protect his mandible (as he said). Essentially, this saved his life.

As far as the accident goes, it seems that someone pulled out without the right of way and hit him, knocking him off his bike and into the opposing lane -- under the tire of the oncoming vehicle. Apparently, he managed to get up (I assume the adrenaline was pumping pretty hard) and was babbling about needing to find his bike when a neighbor who heard the wreck and (!!!) happened to employed by a local hospital, convinced him to sit down and start answering questions. This is when he began convulsing.

He has been sedated since, but my brother said that there was a slight reaction when they were talking to him in the hospital -- that he would breathe independent of the ventilator when they spoke to him. He is finally stabalizing (heartbeat and blood pressure are regulating and the hemorrhaging in and around his spleen has stopped) so they are going to commence surgeries today. They will be putting a rod in his femur, repairing his hand and wrist, working on his hip, his spleen, and intestine, and reconstructing his pelvis. It has been verified that his spine and brain are okay (thank God), and they are hoping to move him to a regular hospital room by sometime next week. Also, he has minimal road burns, though he does have a tire mark across his belly. They say he'll never have 100% use of his leg again and while we are hoping he'll eventually be back on waterskis and wakeboard, the doctors say he'll never be able to ride again.
Liss is offline   Reply With Quote