User Name
Password
Home FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site News Front page articles.

Old 04-14-2006, 01:24 PM   #1
Torre82
Stormy wants to do Hex

Torre82 is an unknown quantity at this point
To all those who dont care for MS'x X360: A suggestion.

I'm all for the Xbox and microsoft making a global mockery of their competition. But I gather that I'm one of the minority on the matter that believes that true gaming bliss is not to be found in the monopoly and non-creativity of the MS empire.

Enter the PS3 and Nintendo's next system. The gamerhombus. (okay, that was a joke.. I pay no attention to N in the least and hated the 'cube)

Now obviously even the small minority faced problems just getting their desired X360 console whereever they go. To start with, the MSRP isnt always followed on launch day. There were two diff. versions of the console. Sans hard drive, skins, and practically everything.. and the full version of the console.

Further plagued by hardware problems and unpolished software, its been a bumpy start.

Now, bait and switch certainly isnt news as far as major retailers go. But I myself have always put a certain faith into mom and pop stores. There's a couple where I live, and the EB games down the street is privately owned as well.

Ah, enough of my blathering. On to a small story I found.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/04/13/mo...-food-on-thei/

In closing, I loved the PS1. The PS2 disappoints... the games are great but held back by a system totally undeserving of such attention by developers. Underpowered and flawed. Regardless, I already feel sorrow for you all who, at the least.. have to wait til 2007 for a PS3. And then probably wait a couple months just to get the system you desire. Good day, gentlemen. (and redhead)

Last edited by thecreeper : 04-14-2006 at 01:40 PM.
Torre82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:37 PM   #2
thecreeper
Administrator

thecreeper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to thecreeper
i think pretty much every next gen system was kinda disappointing in ways this time around. the ps2 is the one i've gotten the most fun out of, but my hardware is riddled with problems and the system has some games with load times that border on ridiculous. my gamecube is a close second, though i can honestly say i held it a bit closer to my heart about a year ago than now (like right around resident evil 4 time). all the great games have kinda dried up, and the DS is obviously nintendo's priority at the moment, which is fine, since i have that too. and xbox...i really don't see too much there to make me want to buy one even when they get cheap. maybe panzer dragoon orta and ninja gaiden, but i cant see buying the system for just that.