TheTestTube.com  

Go Back   TheTestTube.com > TTT > Miscellaneous
User Name
Password
Home FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Miscellaneous Insert random jibba-jabba here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2005, 02:04 PM   #1
Mr Biglesworth

Mr Biglesworth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Mr Biglesworth
Dear GT

I am writing in application to once again join the staff of thetesttube.com forums. It has become apparent that greater differentiation in the forum categories is necessary. There was a time when Miscellaneous was the home of mid-level craziness interspersed by a variety of serious threads that interested members would keep alive. Then there was the Testing forum, home of all-out craziness and infamously long-running threads about forum domination. We've also variously tried to add a more mature tone to the forums by adding such categories as Gnosis and the Creative Faculty, which never caught on enough interest. It is a perhaps regrettable fact that despite the tremendous intellect and creativity of our members, thetesttube.com has generally failed to draw it out onto the forums (with of course, some delightful exceptions).
The format has generally worked, always surviving the inevitable squabbles such as we see right now. Might I remind our populace that such squabbles are not uncommon in our history. The most unfortunate thing about them is when they drive members away. Think of our vital our community might be had we not lost so many members along the way.
Regardless, we have only 1 general interest forum, Miscellaneous, and perhaps it has become too miscellaneous for our own tastes. I don't think that the revival of a testing forum (though surely harmless and probably fun) would properly differentiate the forums.
THUS may I propose the creation of a new forum, 'The Lounge', and may I petition for my own instalment as moderator of the forum. I believe that TheTestTube can make room for both being silly, eclectic, and bizarre (and life surely requires an outlet for being all these things, and for being mature (as I would hope our aging population is becoming).
I do not want to put specific guidelines on the content of the forum, but I would ask that people be respectful of the people and ideas of the forum. People should feel free to talk about their lives (events, relationships, aspirations), their interests, current events, post essays or ask for help with them, discuss ideas, anything.
Rather, what would be different in this forum is that there are actual things expected of people. People should expect to see topics and posts deleted if I think that they do not live up to certain standards. Yes, I realize this would be creating a dictatorship, but I think it's worth a try.
With this forum in existence, the Miscellaneous forum can remain the home to miscellany, and people may feel more free to ignore the things that irk or bore them.
The members of this forum make the board. Without them it is a digital ghost town. If we do not run a board that can keep our members engaged, we will lose those members. I hope there is still some interest left in our tired old crowd.

Sincerely,
Mr Biglesworth
Mr Biglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote