Home FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Games Console/PC gaming.

Old 09-05-2005, 08:21 PM   #1
Jeno

Jeno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jeno Send a message via MSN to Jeno
Bestest Game Ever!

Football Manager 2005!

I doubt any of you play it, but I just felt like mentioning it anyway. I play various other games (The Elder Scrolls series, KOTOR series, various Paradox Interactive games, Madden, the GTA games, etc.) but there is only one game I always go back to, Football Manager (formerly Championship Manager...untill Sports Interactive (Football Manager) split with Edios who put out an amazingly crappy Championship Manager 5 last year).

In the game status area, it has a little bit with shows how long you've played that particular saved game...and my current game is 14 days, 22 hours, 50 minutes. (*NOTE* Some of that is the game being up while I'm off eating, or taking a shower in the morning, or when I'm watching TV or something, so it's a bit more than the actual time I've spent playing it) and thats just in one saved game! Which is now in...2012!

Even got a couple pics from the end of my last season as Tottenham (you can also see my spiffy city I created in Chrildren of the Nile)

Anyway, I don't expect there to be many football (i.e. soccer) fans here, but oh well...I'm bored. *nods*
Old 09-06-2005, 04:30 PM   #2
johnny

johnny is on a distinguished road
i consider myself a soccer fan because i like soccer, and played it for several years in a league back home.. but i don't know shit about all the different teams in the leagues in europe, or who the big-name players are, and so on. so that game would probably confuse me a bit. is there any soccer playing element to it, or do you just manage teams and simulate games?
johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 06:02 PM   #3
Jeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny
i consider myself a soccer fan because i like soccer, and played it for several years in a league back home.. but i don't know shit about all the different teams in the leagues in europe, or who the big-name players are, and so on. so that game would probably confuse me a bit. is there any soccer playing element to it, or do you just manage teams and simulate games?
It's more of a soccer management sim game, one of the best selling in Britain when it comes out each year in fact, despite being in the 'text-based management sim' category.

However, you don't HAVE to know who the big clubs or big name players are to have fun with it, though it may help.

All you need to know...is that Tottenham Hotspur F.C. is the best!

Oh, and PS...the skin used in the pics in the link posted are not the skin it comes in. I just happen to prefer that skin, looks nice...to me.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:24 PM   #4
testtubebaby

testtubebaby is on a distinguished road
i'd rather manage soccer hooligans...

testtubebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:08 PM   #5
Jeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by testtubebaby
i'd rather manage soccer hooligans...

Bleh, soccer hooligans. Well, you can manage Millwall, it's about the same thing,

And, erm...can somebody follow the link and tell me if the pictures are rather small (after you click on the thumbnail, obviously)

I think they shrunk 'em!
Old 09-07-2005, 03:21 AM   #6
GT2000
Playing God @ Your Xpense

GT2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to GT2000
Pictures? What pictures? Oh...those tiny ass thumbnails..yeah, they got you.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:19 AM   #7
Jeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT2000
Pictures? What pictures? Oh...those tiny ass thumbnails..yeah, they got you.
Evil evil picture resizing monkeys,

I shall send after them!