Home FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games Console/PC gaming.

Old 11-18-2006, 05:52 PM   #1
GT2000
Playing God @ Your Xpense

GT2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to GT2000
RPG Hack

Just installed it today, as you'll see from individual posts and the secondary navbar up-top.. still playing around with it, you people should also, having issues with "leveling up" and monster difficulty. When the hack is installed you basically have to set up the item lvl req's, cost, dmg, def, etc. So if we keep it it's definitely a work in progress.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:39 PM   #2
GT2000

I fixed the level problem not giving the proper HP depending on what lvl you were.. I will be playing with monster difficulty as I play, unless I can get some feedback from anyone else who wants to play the game.

For now, any class can use any weapon, and there are no spells right now, as I have no clue atm how to add any!
Old 11-19-2006, 12:11 AM   #3
heX

heX is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to heX
i have 0/40 hp and it wont let me heal. i even rest my charecter and still have the same problem.
heX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 06:53 AM   #4
GT2000

Did you click on healing center? Go there and type in 60 for HP if you haven't already.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:36 AM   #5
heX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie
Did you click on healing center? Go there and type in 60 for HP if you haven't already.

yes, thats what i was refering to. when i go to healing center the box to type in your life points is unclickable as well as the 'heal me' button. this may be due to the fact i have 0 gold wich is something else i cant change if im dead.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:01 AM   #6
GT2000

Ah..yeah, I healed your toon yesterday manually, and, the money thing.. the rpg hack uses your vbbux points, so if you have nothing on you, pull some from the bank and then you'll be good.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:05 AM   #7
heX

oh ok. i got it now, thanks. what happend to all the weapons? i just went to buy one and it seems like the list dropped down to basically nothing. can we get some spells in here? also if you load in different battle types will i be able to change mine from 'generic' to what ever else?

edit: i read over the faq a little for the rpg hack it sounds like you make spells the same way you make items in the admin cp. you just choose "spell" instead of "weapon, armor, whatever".

Last edited by heX : 11-20-2006 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:14 PM   #8
GT2000

I changed the weapons to not being able to see what was available until you were at the lvl req'd for that weapon/item. That way you can't go purchasing (i.e., equipping stuff) until you're at that level, a bug.

I keep having to update the cache manually in order for the max HP to reflect whatever users current level is, another bug.

I don't forsee myself actually keeping this mod due to the bugs, as well as the fact that the author is not currently working on it, plus the authors demo/support site is down, and there's no other real support for it to get the bugs fixed.

It's kinda nifty, however I'm just not really digging the mod too much, it just isn't working as intended/way too much setup time.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:21 AM   #9
heX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie
I don't forsee myself actually keeping this mod

well im having fun with it despite the bugs. it seems like the it takes about 5min before you get your level stats to kick in but they do eventually. i would rather you keep it just for the sake of bordeom. if you set up the spell and other crap it actually might be a fun way to waste time.

edit: you have to make a post in order to make your stats go up. this would explain why my hp went up almost by a hundred after posting this.

Last edited by heX : 11-21-2006 at 08:29 AM.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:22 AM   #10
GT2000

I'll probably leave it there, it's not in the way, I made it use the "2nd navbar" option rather than adding a dropdown to the current navbar as there just wasn't enough room, using my widescreen it looks fine but on lower resolutions its gettin cluttered..
Old 11-21-2006, 09:25 AM   #11
heX

ok good to know. i was holding off on buying equipment if you were gonna just delete it. ill go buy some gear now.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:47 AM   #12
raublekick

raublekick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raublekick
ok this is actually kinda cool. i just don't want to get addicted.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:12 AM   #13
heX

Quote:
Originally Posted by raublekick
ok this is actually kinda cool. i just don't want to get addicted.
i think its kinda cool too. it could really benifit from some more gear, races, spells.

is the attribute progression the same no matter what class you are? if it is different i feel ripped for picking mage since i more than likely am not gettign as much strength as a fight would, since i should have spells to make up for it.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:24 AM   #14
heX

it could also use a new low level monster that would a lvl required 6 to fight that gave out 5xp possibly only 1 gil or none to help balance it. then make the training bot give out only 5xp but more gil. becuase of right now once you hit level 7 your pretty much stuck repeating literally hundreds of battles to gaining less than 1% xp each time in order to lvl up.

it isnt worth it to fight the higher level stuff even after you reach level 8 becuase the level of difficulty isnt properly balanced with only a 2 xp difference from the reletively easy montsers. you are better off to fight the easy montser (wich at this time cant even hit you) and gain the 4xp than fight the Grim Gaze wich can one hit drop you half the time just to get that extra 2xp in. you could just sit there and fight a Munmar 2 times to gain 8xp in the time it would take to fight a Grim Gaze (wich can actually kill you inlike the mumar) to only gain 6xp.

the training bot is just a waist of your time since it still only give out 4.

you can see why i have had over 400 battles with the mumnar and i am ignoring the bigger stuff. they deplete your resources and give nothing back.

any way in conlusion, what i said it the first paragraph... or you could just set up better equipment that you can buy at lower levels at a higher cost so you could just buy yourself the propper equipment to fight the bigger guys at lvl 7+

Last edited by heX : 11-21-2006 at 10:26 AM.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:52 AM   #15
testtubebaby

testtubebaby is on a distinguished road
hex likes it... so i say we scrap it.
testtubebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:54 AM   #16
heX

i guess were scrappin your mom too

...pwn3d
Old 11-21-2006, 03:24 PM   #17
heX

well i popped open my dnd 3.5 players hand book to throw out some race suggestions. here they are with possible race bonuses loosely based on what the racist are known for and my own attempt to help balance it.

Humans +1 Physical Attack +1 Physical Defense

Dwarves +2 physical attack

Elves +2 Magical Defense +1 Magical Attack -1 Physical Defense

Gnomes +1 Magical Attack +1 Evade

Half-Elves +1 Magical Attack +1 Magical Defense

Half-Orcs +3 Physical Attack -1 Magical Defense -1 Evade

Halflings (hobbits) +1 Speed +1 Evade

i dont know if you can set racial bonuses but if you can this should be a decent guideline on how it could be set. they all come out to get 2 in bonuses, except orcs who are handicapped due to their +3 physical strength bonus (wich is more or less the strongest bonus to have). i think this would be a good set up for bonuses, anyone else have an opinion?

this also relies on spells being added. i didnt add whether or not they were evil or good alignments. it bsically be something like

Humans- either
Dwarves- good
Elves- good
Gnomes- evil
Half-Elves- evil
Half-Orcs- evil
Halflings (hobbits)- good

technically they all qualify for good or evil but seeing as how thats not as fun in this set up that list is pretty alright. you could make "half evles" "dark elves" to help the "evil" stick. same goes for chaging 'half-orc' to just 'orc' (wich is what you have listed already). that would make 3 evil 3 good and 1 neutral.

all this is just based on how i would run the rpg if i were DMing it or running it. in the end its all up to you just tryign to give you some ideas since rpg hack doest come with any default settings in this area. everything i listed is an attempt to keep it 'balanced' wich is very important when setting up something liek this. however you do it im sure youll do good, like i said before im not tryign to push anything.

final race table:

Humans (alignment: either)...... +1 Physical Attack +1 Physical Defense
Dwarves (alignment: good)...... +2 physical attack
Elves (alignment: good)........... +2 Magical Defense +1 Magical Attack -1 Physical Defense
Gnomes (alignment: evil)......... +1 Magical Attack +1 Evade
Dark Elves (alignment: evil)...... +1 Magical Attack +1 Magical Defense
Orcs (alignment: evil)............ +3 Physical Attack -1 Magical Defense -1 Evade
Halflings (alignment: good).......+1 Speed +1 Evade

Last edited by heX : 11-21-2006 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:19 PM   #18
Artmead

Artmead is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Artmead
Why do i keep getting my ass kicked by flan? it's a god damn caramel custard that has been torched into a tasty dessert! Why can't I b (eat) it?
Artmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:28 PM   #19
GT2000

here...give me a minute to make ya lvl 2 and that should help you...
Old 11-22-2006, 09:02 AM   #20
heX

donnie if there is anyway of giving me access to the rpg hack i could load in races, classes, spells, weapon types. as well as setting all the spells/weapon types to the classes, so a mage wouldnt be able to use a claymore for example. just to get a template down for you to edit. i would set it up in a way that makes sense then you could just change what ever you dont like. jsut a thought you probably wouldnt trust me in the cp though, but thought id offer since i know it would be a lot of work to set it all up from scratch.

if you did give me access however i swear i would only add rpg stuff and not touch anything else. i also wouldnt set up any gil values on selling items or defeating monsters, i would let you do that so i dont mess up your economics you have going with vbplaza. anyway just thought id mention it.