Site News Front page articles.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2005, 02:16 AM   #1
Plain Old Jane
i hate vagina

Plain Old Jane can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Plain Old Jane
Eyes On Comedy: Improv Everywhere

One of the most time honored and one of the oldest forms of comedy, improv, is perhaps the most powerful of all methods. More than once have I been captivated by shows on comedy central based on improv: Whose Line Is It Anyway (british versions are better, foo'), Make Me Laugh, and various live shows that I have been fortunate enough to see.

There is also another form of comedy, the prank, which is perhaps the most practical of all forms of entertainment. Its very popular at college through the act of "drunken shaming," tin foiling rooms, and my personal favorite: hiding hundreds of troll dolls in your room mate's drawers and bed. (Okay, perhaps more creepy than funny, but we had a good laugh.)

A new york based comedy group called Improv Everwhere, this group combines the two comedy forms into one big super ultra mecha comedy amalgum of dooooooooom. In all seriousness, these guys are the funniest thing on the net since AYB, they have videos of their some of their pranks, check em out, kay? I highly suggest: Ben Fold Last Night In Town, and The Amazing Hypnotist (video).

Last edited by thecreeper : 05-02-2005 at 10:25 PM.
Plain Old Jane is offline   Reply With Quote