TheTestTube.com  

Go Back   TheTestTube.com > TTT > Miscellaneous
User Name
Password
Home FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Miscellaneous Insert random jibba-jabba here.

Old 01-05-2005, 03:31 PM   #1
thecreeper
Administrator

thecreeper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to thecreeper
where do you work?

i just realized i have no idea what half of you guys do.

i've been working for an inventory service for almost 3 years now, called RGIS. They inventory major stores like Wal-Mart, Kmart, and most every mall store that exists. I work really strange hours like 4am-12pm or 9pm-2am (sometimes both those shifts in the same day). i get about 9 and a half bucks for basically counting all of a store's merchandise, but its not too bad for a between college job. check out this awesome picture from their site

i like how they portray it as a multicultural job when 90 percent of its workforce around here is over 50 white housewives and retired guys. good times.

I also worked at Kmart this summer and was really bored, and in addition had the 3rd job of moving furniture 2 days a week.

I'm really hoping to get something closer to my field soon, these pointless, small paying jobs are getting old.

so yeah, subject line.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:12 PM   #2
malta

malta is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to malta
At day I work for an automotive dealership company, running intercompany mail between all the different car dealerships (toyota volkswagon scion, dodge, land rover, hyundai subaru, chrysler jeep, lexus, mazda kia) twice a day, and then file accounting copys of the service requests and part orders for every one of those dealerships. When you think of how many cars come in to every dealership for service or parts in a day, its actually some work. It doesn't pay too well, and they give me this Dodge 3500 van that runs on natural fucking gas to do the run. Theres only one place around here to get natural gas and its kind of far, so whenever I need to fill the thing up I use about a quarter tank on the way back, and it only fills up to like 3/4 to begin with. Its actually proberbly less efficient then normal gasoline. It used to be the dodge places shuttle van, so painted on the hood is fucking "Curtiousy Cruiser". Lately either the gas pump keeps breaking down or the vans tank gets fucked up and it won't fill up, and when that happens I go to used cars and they give me a different car to drive twice a day. They gave me a '99 mercedes benz sl430 to drive once. They're working on getting me a caravan, so no more of that fun. I work m-f 9:00-3:00.

At night I cook at a bar/pizza/italian place called Pizza Plant. Its a cool place and the people are nice. Foods good, so come in if your in B-lo. Like 5 night shifts a week ending before 11.
malta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 05:24 PM   #3
raublekick

raublekick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raublekick
i work at a restaurant called Isaac's. It's a chain in PA, there's about 20 stores throughout York, Lancaster, and Chester counties. I used to hate it due to the people I worked with, especially the management. But now I'm part of management, and I get paid more to do less.

The people I work with now are awesome, I hang out with a few of them pretty regularly. It's the perfect job for someone in college, even though the food sucks. Maybe I only think that because I've worked there for almost 5 years... Employees get free food when they work, which is hella nice.
raublekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 07:10 PM   #4
Mike

Mike is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mike
I have a number of jobs.
At school, I work in the IT center for the Residential Network... it's shitty money that my parents pay to the school ... which then in turn pays me.

My regular job ... I work at a real estate law office in Worcester, MA, at county courthouses running and recording mortgages, forclosures, homesteads, and MCLs. It's good money, but it's only while I'm on vacation.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 07:21 PM   #5
sharkz

sharkz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by raublekick
i work at a restaurant called Isaac's. It's a chain in PA, there's about 20 stores throughout York, Lancaster, and Chester counties. I used to hate it due to the people I worked with, especially the management. But now I'm part of management, and I get paid more to do less.

The people I work with now are awesome, I hang out with a few of them pretty regularly. It's the perfect job for someone in college, even though the food sucks. Maybe I only think that because I've worked there for almost 5 years... Employees get free food when they work, which is hella nice.
aw. Isaac's. havn't eaten there for a while. my mom is like "PORTIONS ARENT BIG ENOUGHZSD~!!!"
sharkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 08:07 PM   #6
raublekick

raublekick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raublekick
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkz
Quote:

aw. Isaac's. havn't eaten there for a while. my mom is like "PORTIONS ARENT BIG ENOUGHZSD~!!!"
your mom is right.
raublekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:40 PM   #7
sharkz

sharkz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkz
Quote:

your mom is right.
Oh, I agree. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to go again.
sharkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:42 PM   #8
teensupernothing

teensupernothing is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to teensupernothing
lesee....

i "work" at Linens 'n things.. but they're screwing me over hour-wise, so i don't see myself there much longer.

i give fencing lessons, kinda regularly heh. it's sweet. tell 20 kids what to do for an hour and a half, get $300 bucks cash (per lesson) on my way out. do that for xmas break.. end out with.. ALOT. haha. i gave 5 lessons a day, for 7 days. couldn't do it my whole life though. i'd go nuts. not to mention, the only reason i get paid so much, is because the kids like me, so my classes are always full. yeah. it was sweet. i love it when i have like a week to fill with lessons, and i can make like, 10 grand in a week. haha, if i had to give the cut the normal coaches give, i'd be making $75 a lesson. the owner lets me keep more, because he knows it's going right back into fencing. basically all the money from break is going to junior olympics, or saving up, so i can train in europe for the summer.

my marketing teacher is trying to get me a job. making DVD covers, for one of those places where you bring home videos, and get them transferred to DVD. they need someone good at graphic-designey things, and well, i'm 1/2 decent.
teensupernothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:50 PM   #9
Marshall

Marshall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Marshall
I play magic for a living.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 12:27 AM   #10
testtubebaby

testtubebaby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master
I play magic for a living.
damn you, harry potter!
testtubebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 01:57 AM   #11
GT2000
Playing God @ Your Xpense

GT2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to GT2000
I still slave away for the cable company...

Doing installation and repair calls on video and high-speed data service. Been there 2 years, making $~14/hr. Work Sun-Weds, 9:30am to whenever the fuck they let me go home (supposedly 8pm..not very often though).