TheTestTube.com  

Go Back   TheTestTube.com > TTT > Miscellaneous
User Name
Password
Home FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Miscellaneous Insert random jibba-jabba here.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:02 PM   #41
GT2000
Playing God @ Your Xpense

GT2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to GT2000
I actually wore a pedometer provided by work one day and I think it was something like 8000 paces, mix that in with lifting/climbing/crawling, and, wait, what counts as anaerobic again? Heh.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:12 AM   #42
teensupernothing

teensupernothing is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to teensupernothing
i had gotten up to about 140lbs, and was really unhappy. a lot of it was muscle but i was on the chubby side, with just revamping my diet, adding a lot of fruits and veggies, and removing 95% of the junk food and getting a puppy, aka my running buddy, i got down to about 125, which is where i am now, and really damn happy about it. 5'8" and 125 is pretty cool with me. it's all about balance in your diet, and getting some exercise.

typical day for me.

breakfast- a 2 slices of hemp bread toast. it's super fibery and full of amazing nurients and a ton of different grains, so it's pretty filling, and a piece of fruit, (whatever i have in my fridge, but usually a bannana) a glass of 1% milk, and a cup of coffee

mid-morning i'll usually have an apple or something if i'm hungry, but i won't have it if i'm not hungry.

lunchtime- a sandwich of some sort, on the same hemp bread, with turkey or lean roast beef, cheese lettuce and tomato. on the side i'll have a salad. if i'm not in a sandwich kind of mood, i'll put chicken or something on the salad instead.

mid-afternoon- i'll treat myself with one of those 100 calorie packs and a piece of fruit or some fresh veggies and some light ranch dip, but same as mid morning, if i'm not hungry at all, i won't have it

dinner- i eat whatever i feel like eating, and until i'm full. not stuffed don't want to move kind of full, but till i feel extremely content with the amount i ate. generally it's filet mignon, or fish, witha veggie or two and a carbohydrate, be it rice, pasta or whatever.

whenever i have the time, in the morning, if i get off from work, or whatever, i'll take my puppy for a nice long run. but until he tires out, not me, then i drop him off at home and push myself to repeat the run we just took. i'm now balanced enough where i'm getting very toned, but not losing any more weight.

if have a crazy diet that my parents went on, and they lost like 10 pounds in the first week, the sacred heart university diet or something like that. it's the diet that they give to morbidly obese patients before surgery, but it's safe for anybdoy. if anybody's interested i can post it here.
teensupernothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:40 AM   #43
Jesse
Administrator

Jesse has disabled reputation
The other night I decided to go for a late night run. I got out of my advertising class, came back to my dorm room, put on a sweatshirt and some shorts and did some laps around our campus circle.

(man, that's an old picture. There have been lots of buildings added since this was taken. I reckon it's gotta be at least 3 years old.)

Anyway, I was surprised at how well I was able to run. I usually can't run too long, regardless of the shoes I'm wearing because I have really flat feet. And it's kinda nice, because one half of the circle is slightly downhill, and the other half is slightly uphill.

I ran one lap, then walked to a building with a water fountain, got a drink, and then sprinted for about 1/4 of the circle. Walked around to where I started, ran 2 laps, and then walked one more. That's quite an accomplishment for me. Back when I used to run a bit, I could only do one lap before I had to stop. This time I was able to run 1, walk a bit, and then run 2 in a row.

The weight is continuing to roll off. The lowest I've seen the scale is 183 or so, but I'm pretty sure that was mostly just lost water weight. Just weighed myself this morning and I'm at about 185. I'm going to see my girlfriend this weekend, and I'm pretty sure she'll notice the difference. Once we're living together for the summer we're gonna start going to the gym together and what not. So I think if I really stuck with the strict diet, and exercise, I could be in pretty good shape by the end of summer.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:03 PM   #44
teensupernothing

teensupernothing is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to teensupernothing
when i first started getting back in shape that's what i did, ran till i couldn't anymore, then walk a bit, then run as soon as i thought i could, it's a really good way to push your body. if you have access to a track a good way to do it is run (or sprint if you can) the straights and jog (or walk if you have to) the curves, throwing in some just solid laps of a very quick jog. (like 75% as fast as you can go) i'm at the point where i can run a 5k (3.1 miles) in about 18 minutes pretty easily, but obviously, as the distance goes up, the pace gets slower. man, this thread brings back memories of cross country in high school.
teensupernothing is offline   Reply With Quote