TheTestTube.com  

Go Back   TheTestTube.com > TTT > Miscellaneous
User Name
Password
Home FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Miscellaneous Insert random jibba-jabba here.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:19 PM   #21
raublekick

raublekick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raublekick
Quote:
Originally Posted by raditz View Post
Well tomorrow's the big day.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DTxXUufI3jA (that's right raub, he thinks ppl in penn are idiots)
As someone who has lived in a small PA town for his entire life, I can assure you that he's pretty much on the mark there...
Old 11-05-2008, 04:53 PM   #22
raditz

raditz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to raditz
based on things that have slithered out of obama's grapish lips we are in for:

loss of freedom of speech

loss of the right to bear arms

reduction of the military and it's funding

loss of funding for defense

increased taxes for small business owners

increased taxes for oil companies

increased taxes on coal mining - so much so that he literally said he wanted to bankrupt the industry

increased energy bills

increased taxes so you can pay for your neighbors health problems

illegal immigrants with drivers licenses

a poor foreign policy which is nothing but bad news for our allies

a loss of the american dream where success is going to be punished, taking your money away and giving it to those who have been irresponsible

with all that said, you can now gloat about your awesome candidate taking the white house. thanks.
raditz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:57 PM   #23
raublekick

raditz, from that post i can now make the huge assumptions that you're a reactionary racist who can't critically think about the a candidate's proposals without automatically inserting your own bias against him.

as someone who has recently lost their job, wrecked a car, and injured themselves, i think you of all people would be able to realize that sometimes things happen to people that are outside of their control. assuming that anyone who is poor is in the wrong is exactly why our country is fucked up.

what's wrong with skimming a little off the top so that the people at the bottom who need it can get a leg up?

how is loss of defense funding a bad thing? we've been pissing away money for years! we spent astronomically more than any other country! are we safer? hell no! our reputation with the outside world is horrible right now. not only do the a-rabs hate us more, but the europeans think we're a bunch of idiots. how is THIS foreign policy not bad for us? how have we not alienated and screwed over our allies already? how many allies do we currently have compared to 8 years ago?

we're not going to lose the right to bear arms... ever. Obama supports the rights of local and state authorities to decide what's best. he does not support a national ban on guns.

as far as taxing oil and coal companies... our country is being left in the dust by other countries who are making huge leaps in alternate energies. we used to control the vast majority of the solar power market, not Germany controls over half. our country's aversion to progression will be the death of it unless we try to actually move into more modern markets.

obama's tax plan marks a small increase in taxes for the $250,000+ bracket. it will go up to 39% from 35%, which means a very small increase in the actual dollar amount. taken from someone who knows taxes better than me:
Quote:
So in other words, if Obama raises taxes on people who make more than $250,000, their taxes will only increase on that portion of their income that is over $250,000. Up to $250,000, their taxes are the same as they are now.

So for the sake of argument, if Joe the plumber made $260,000:
Under the 36% tax bracket he would pay his taxes on the first $250K, plus 36% of $10,000, or $3600.
Under the 39% tax bracket he would pay his taxes on the first $250K, plus 39% of $10,000, or $3900.
hot damn, that extra $300 in taxes is really gonna break the bank for all these businesses!

again, since you have recently befallen injury, and were compensated by the insurance, you should understand why everyone throwing into a pool of relief money is good. you know the money you pay for insurance doesn't cover all of your expenses, right? you know the insurance company is using money that other customers have paid to cover your expenses, right? that's how insurance works, and it's no different than how healthcare works. without your insurance you'd be dead in the water right now, just like a lot of people without health care. again, just because someone is poor doesn't mean they are necessarily irresponsible.

if you want a taste of what the outside world thinks right now:
http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/11/...rica/react.php

Last edited by raublekick : 11-05-2008 at 06:08 PM.
raublekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:23 PM   #24
raditz

i've been very grown up in my posts throughout this thread. you can gloat about winning the election all you want, you have the right. you better knock it off with the name calling though.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:34 PM   #25
raublekick

i'm not gloating and i'm not name calling. you (twice) made references to the color of obama's lips in a negative manner and made large biased assumptions, so i made large biased assumptions too. did you even read the rest of my post?

whatever, if you guys want to live the next 4 years in fear that the country is going to explode, that's fine. many people have lived the last 1-8 years feeling *almost* the same way.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:37 PM   #26
raditz

i've never once seen a human being with purple lips regardless of the rest of their skin, i won't sit back and let you call me racist, knock it off.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:02 PM   #27
heX

heX is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to heX
my 2 cents: Ive never heard purple lips used as a remark against black people, or any race. I have head racist comments referencing the size of black peoples lips, but Ive never heard color. For that matter I am trying to think of any black person I know that has lips the color of obama's, and i cant think of any. I know I'm a conservative so you can say I'm biased on this, but I don't think hes being racist, I think hes just being superficial which is a whole different league.

If purple lips is supposed to be a black stereotype, its one Ive never heard and Ive gotta say, Ive known brandon for a number of years and I really don't think he intended any type of race bashing on that one. I think he was just finding something to pick fun of that is out of obama's control, similar to what you did with mccains age.

Last edited by heX : 11-05-2008 at 10:07 PM.
heX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:53 PM   #28
raublekick

that's fine. i was wrong. my bad. but i never said anything about mccain's age.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:29 AM   #29
heX

heX is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to heX
Quote:
Originally Posted by raublekick View Post
that's fine. i was wrong. my bad. but i never said anything about mccain's age.
my mistake. were you referring to his health in the shout box when you said he was just going to die? im pretty sure that comment is why brandon started this thread to begin with.
heX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:38 PM   #30
Plain Old Jane
i hate vagina

Plain Old Jane can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Plain Old Jane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Biglesworth View Post
Ya but how many of us here can honestly say they haven't indulged in a little nose candy once in their life?
ive never done cocaine.

i did do DMT once. 2-cb and 2-ct7 once. ive done two strains of shrooms, and 2 different ecstacy tabs.

i even did ayahuasca once, made it myself. very very purge-y.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:43 PM   #31
Plain Old Jane
i hate vagina

Plain Old Jane can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Plain Old Jane
inb4 ban for double post

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyone
shit talking eachother
regardless, you guys are still the same. still constructing detailed analyses of eachothers diatribes and blowing them apart. i believe you all have good points, and they all have merits. this country was never about just one polar extreme having power. it was about the struggle keeping both parties in check. just watch, it aint like the dems will keep the power forever.

tl;dr: good points all around
Old 11-17-2008, 06:22 PM   #32
thecreeper
Administrator

thecreeper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to thecreeper
rad, you're a nice enough dude, but regardless of whether mccain or obama would have won the election, anyone saying "loss of freedom of speech" and most of the other things you posted would be laughed out of a room. no president has dictatorship powers, and even if mccain won, i wouldn't be in here declaring "PREPARE FOR ENDLESS WAR, REPUBLICUNTS!" or any other stereotype about a candidate or party. the fact is that obama ran a better campaign and inspired more people to come out and vote, and mccain's momentum kinda died out in october. i don't think anyone is here gloating, because frankly, a candidate winning an election isn't something the gloat about. now the phillies winning the world series, i'll gloat about that all day long. but a candidate getting elected hasn't done anything yet. i think it would be wise, and i've thought this in every election i've followed, to give the president-elect a chance before throwing him under a bus and declaring america's dream lost. it's hyperbole to declare things based off speculation and and skewed or bitter commentators, because nothing has happened yet.

i think we all want america to be a better place than it is right now, so let's see what happens with obama.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:12 PM   #33
raditz

the freedom os speech remark was based on the "fairness doctrine" that obama and the rest of the libs want to pass.

here's a fun read - http://tfsternsrantings.blogspot.com...-to-obama.html