Home FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Games Console/PC gaming.

Old 05-16-2005, 01:12 AM   #1
thecreeper
Administrator

thecreeper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to thecreeper
God of War

as much as i want to be a pessimist about this game, i have to say after playing it tonight...wow.

awesome stuff, way too much fun. although it froze really bad the first time i played it, it was very smooth tonight. i think raub was impressed too.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:33 AM   #2
raublekick

raublekick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raublekick
no doubt. i was not impressed by it until i actually played it. of course, we were playing it on easy. i have no doubts that anything harder would just piss me off though.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:42 AM   #3
Baboinga

Baboinga is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Baboinga
Borrowed this game from a friend, and because it's such a mammoth of a game (hype and all) I also hoped it would be shitty. But it was great, I enjoyed the music, the gameplay, the puzzles, the monsters. I didn't so much like the forced perspective as fighting in certain areas you honestly can't see what's going on. (examples, ehh, the maze when you're in the temple on the giant titan? There are sort of narrow hallways and if something gets you into a corner you can't see a fucking thing)

Anyway I'm almost at pandora's box on god mode, but I haven't been able to get past the area with the archers and harpies immediately before the box.

I also liked the storyline. Graphics were nice. I liked how it utilized all of the buttons on the controller. Whatever, I'll shut up about it, it's just a great game. About God mode: It's very frustrating because you have to find what special move you should be doing to survive things that only take three or five hits to kill you. Like the Cyclops', you have to do the square-square-triangle attack to stun them and continue attacking for a small amount of damage at once and just keep going with that, anything else and they'll have a go at your backside, if you know what I mean.
Baboinga is offline   Reply With Quote