Home FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site News Front page articles.

Old 01-10-2006, 01:27 AM   #1
Plain Old Jane
i hate vagina

Plain Old Jane can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Plain Old Jane
Chrono Symphonic

Whilst listening to quality internet radio the other night, I happened upon the playing of a familiar melody. I sat listening to it for nearly 5 minutes before I realized what it was. You see it was the lyrics that threw me off as the original was a midi. It was a symphonic piece modeled after the music from Chrono Trigger, what may be the most admired game of all time.

Chrono Symphonic is a construct made up by the online conglomeration of brain meats famous for its remixes of game music, OCRemix.org. Inspired by a screenplay written by a member, they sought to create a soundtrack for this potential movie. I have to say they were very successful in the quality of work they did on the music.

You can find the official site featuring the music and links to the screenplay, cd artwork, and a teaser trailer about the "movie."

The musical work itself is brilliant and inspiring drawing from almost every part of the game. Unfortunatly, there are two parts of the screen play that made me shake my head. Number one, they completely cut out Robo and Ayla, there is no mention of 65,000,000 BC, and Magus has a part which is not as big as his role in the game deserves. Number Two, which rivals number one in importance... Chrono talks... Big no-no... Thats his shtick, Chrono doesnt talk, ever, period. Other than that, there are no problems with the whole bit at all, the outline is well put together, a lil campy at the end, but the game was a little campy too at parts. Why shove the whole game into one movie anyway, it'd be way more marketable if it were split into multiples like so many movies are now, one can fit a lot more detail in. Plus... Imagine the draw of horny college kids you'd draw with a scantly clad lady with a tail and a hunky metal... robot... mmm, couldn't keep me away.

But as far as the Chrono Symphonic project goes. A+ Guys, love the work. And if you havent heard it, get it. Now.

Last edited by thecreeper : 01-10-2006 at 03:41 PM.
Plain Old Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 12:34 AM   #2
thecreeper
Administrator

thecreeper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to thecreeper
i downloaded this because this topic has been visually nagging me to do so, and while it seems kinda cool and all, and some of these projects really end up being something great, these OCRemix projects really end up boring me. like, there is nothing wrong with this, but it feels like nothing is live. there's no passion or anything.

i've heard mixes of this stuff that really rock or really are poignant, but i guess this just isnt my thing.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:48 AM   #3
raublekick

raublekick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raublekick
yeah, none of the OCR projects so far have really grabbed me.

a - none of the artists are really that good in my opinion anyways. ok, that's not really fair cus i've never listened to any of them in depth besides russel cox and mv.

b - these projects are really nothing more than "hey, let's get all of these songs done". they don't even get all of the songs from the soundtrack. there never seems to be a cohesive goal for a type of sound going on, just the goal of putting together an album, which could be done just by compiling the multitude of preexisting remixes.

sidenote - creep and i met mv this weekend and watched pixietricks perform some songs with some other OCR/VGmix dudes and dudettes