TheTestTube.com  

Go Back   TheTestTube.com > TTT > Miscellaneous
User Name
Password
Home FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Miscellaneous Insert random jibba-jabba here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2004, 12:47 PM   #1
thecreeper
Administrator

thecreeper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to thecreeper
Some Site Ideas.

if we are going to have a main site again, i figure we first of all need to decide what to do with it. i've been sitting on this idea for awhile but...

my idea for thetesttube is a news site dedicated to what we like and are interested in. we have members interested in computers, programming, every and any type of music, a wide array of games, movies, comics, whatever. the fact is we could have a site like slashdot or fark or something, if people just wanted to contribute. what if we just made every member with seniority have the ability to post a news topic. true, this would widely depend on the committedness of our members, but i feel if we make it easy enough to post new things, it would be a great site we have going. in addition to news, we could have opinion pieces like the old TTT, product reviews, etc.

and i posted this idea before, but the idea of our forums should be rethought. i think until we can prove we have enough members to need to have different forums, we should keep it to just a general forum. In addition, I think we should have other site's forums offered here if so desired. it makes thetesttube a hub for others and not just our little place. we need to breathe new life into the place, and i think we need new members. i know a couple people with sites who may have interest in having a forum, such as the band who is hosted at good-evil, temp sound solutions. (also, i would of course want a good-evil forum back). we need to just put some work into this and i really think we can start something from 5-6 years of friendships with a lot of you guys.

of course, these are all just ideas. we still need to get everyone back here first. but is anyone interested in this idea (and would we be able to do it)?

edit: another thought: maybe the forums shouldn't even be split up, i would be fine with making good-evil's forum the main forum here.