TheTestTube.com  

Go Back   TheTestTube.com > TTT > Miscellaneous
User Name
Password
Home FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Miscellaneous Insert random jibba-jabba here.

Old 12-09-2004, 05:56 PM   #21
Mr Biglesworth

Mr Biglesworth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Mr Biglesworth
Lots of good points in those last two paragraphs. So why is this so?

a. Why don't we care about posts?
Life is full of ideas. When engaged in conversation, a topic or idea or experience inevitably comes to the table. Being a dynamic human being, just like the rest of us, I take the idea, chew on it, relate to it, spit something else out, and the conversation grows grows grows. And yet I feel there is no room for my life and my mind on this board. As such, posts hold much less significance, and i almost consistently don't "give a shit about posts". This apathy breeds lethargy and I just won't bother contributing something colorful because I know other people think the way I do and they will just turn the colors to grey. Why is this so?

Hmmm... I actually think that's the most important thing I can contribute right now.
Remember, nobody runs this board. Donnie, bless him, administrates it, but we all run it, we all create it. There's no theme, no common interest drawing us together except for the fact that we're supposed to want to be here.

So why do we want to be here?
I think if we capitalize on the answers to that question, we may be able to make some improvements.

For instance: I want to be here because you are my friends. Let's look at that. Being friends over the internet poses less pressures to create a good friendship. But yet we could all be good friends who actually do give a shit about eachother, are curious about eachothers lives, and are interested in what eachother thinks. If we all agree we are supposed to be friends, lets capitalize on that and try to do those things.

Why do you want to be here?
Mr Biglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 06:03 PM   #22
raublekick

raublekick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raublekick
I post here because I get bored a lot or I like to put off dealing with real life by turning to the Internet. Like I said, I honestly don't care a whole lot if this board survives or not, but a lot of you guys are always talking about it, yet no one does anything. I think you are all nice people, but sometimes you get way to pretentious and uptight about things.

As I said, you either post complete nonsense garbage, or you make completely uptight super serious posts/arguments. There's usually no middle ground at all. This whole board is like one big bipolar mess.

<edit> I also think many of you post here because you always have, and that's why it's failing. You come back because it's habit, and you don't want to let go of something that used to be awesome. You guys could make it awesome again, you have the knowledge and the means. So many people say "well, i could do this or that if you guys want me to". Just fucking do soemthing, someone. It doesn't matter if it's really good or not, it'll be something, and a start. Improvements can be made later. Creeper and I run Good-Evil, and that's been pretty shitty lately, but we just stick with it until we really get some motivation and means to make it work better. We didn't start the site with a big outline of exactly how we wanted it, we just made a page and ran with it, and now it's something half decent. I thinkit would work for you guys too. Make a front page, come up with a bunch of ideas for things to do on it, and see what works. For us it was reviews, we tried news and art and all sorts of shit, but ultimately we found reviews worked best as the meat of our site.
raublekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 06:09 PM   #23
Mr Biglesworth

Would you say that there's not very much at-ease banter, not very much actual relaxed conversation?
Old 12-09-2004, 06:10 PM   #24
raublekick

raublekick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raublekick
Definately not enough relaxed conversation. It's either mindless bullshit or cutthroat arguments.
raublekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 06:32 PM   #25
thecreeper
Administrator

thecreeper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to thecreeper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Biglesworth
consistency is boring
thetesttube is boring
you're boring

credit to jep for being a character and caring about his opinions.

C'mon, remember when we were the PSX Freaks? We were Freaks! And proud of it! Now we have an actual freak and nobody likes him. What a bunch of hyopcrites!

I'm sorry, I don't mean this as a personal attack on you or the testtube, it just pains me to see such a diverse and interesting variety of people, who I'm SURE lead diverse and interesting lives, have stimulating thoughts, know stimulating people and have had fascinating experiences, could share life, light, love, and wisdom with all their friends they've known for... 6 YEARS (upwards to, for some)... slip into drudgery and conventionality. I know you. I know everybody here. You're amazing, full of life, light, love, and wisdom. Don't settle for being less.

And thanks... it's nice to be here to say something. How are you doing, buddy?
i have absolutely no problem with Jeperel being who he is. but like raub said, there was a lack of effort put into what he said and i made fun of it.

i just want things to be back at a 'normal for this place' type thing, not boring and normal, just fun and interesting. but like Andrew said, i often visit here for 5 minutes, see nothing new and move on. At other boards, I may spend up to an hour looking through tons of posts. But those places dont have Neil, Brandon, Johnny, Donnie, Jesse, whatever you want to call Jep this week, and Sam and Amelia, etc. Maybe things won't ever be the same again, but me and raub made a site that is moderately successful, and goddammit, I want this place to be friendly and open to new people. But we have had any new people in a very long time.

Honestly, this place has meant more to me than most people could realize. I found Dexcussion in June of 1999, and started posting there in August. since then, almost 6 years of my life has gone into this. i would hate to see nothing come of you fantastic people.

i'm sorry to anyone if i have been bitchy lately, i'm just tired of this place going nowhere. I even considered making a TTT prototype at good-evil to see if people liked it, but i didnt, mainly because i haven't had time and sometimes i wonder if anyone is even looking forward to moving this place from its funk.

I'm not looking to push people away or make them change, I just want somewhere to go when I am bored and talk to some cool people that i would not meet in my everyday life.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:24 PM   #26
Mr Biglesworth

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, no?

Of course, of course... I'm not criticizing any one thing said or any one person, I'm criticizing the way people don't really put much of their... well.. selves into this forum. It's been a long time since I've seen someone shine in a post, and I don't mean that in a wishy washy way. I mean, we've all been growing, and there's times when we shine in our real lives (by applying ourselves intellectually, socially, emotionally, etc.) BECAUSE we apply ourselves. And yet there's no room here for our very own prides and joy of who and what we are: our intellect, our social selves, our feelings about the world and our lives. There's just a whole big blob of people working within old constrictions time and time again. Don't make me go elitist on all yo'all asses!
Old 12-10-2004, 01:53 AM   #27
Jesse
Administrator

Jesse has disabled reputation
*scrolls down*

Nice to see you again, Bigs.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 03:45 AM   #28
Mr Biglesworth

See! You fucking bastard! I fucking hate your lethargic ass, too fucking timid and complacent from accepting a long-standing beating at the hands of TTT's supposed 'elite' members, stand up for your fucking rights buddy give a shit and don't take no guff and tell us what you think because you're a real person doing interesting things too goddamnit JESSE! I love you man. Nice to see ya too.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:38 AM   #29
Metallistar

Metallistar is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Metallistar
umm... im just going to post my list ....

GT4 Pre-order
Star Ocean - Till The End of Time

and this Link

1997 GTP & 1998 GTX
http://www.metallistar.com
Metallistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 11:55 AM   #30
Mr Biglesworth

A PULLY system?
crazy fool. Whatchoo pullin' here?
Old 12-10-2004, 01:18 PM   #31
GT2000
Playing God @ Your Xpense

GT2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to GT2000
Ah, another Xmas... I don't have a list, there's nothing I can think of that I'd like...

I'll be buying dad a TV/VCR combo, or a DVD combo, for his truck as the last one took a spill and broke.

Mom...who the fuck knows, she never likes anything she gets even if it's something you just KNOW she'll find useful.

Brother...who knows, all he does is play games...kinda like me except I still run my life at the same time...he wants one of those GB SPs or whatever that new gameboy is...

Also going to be dropping whatever it costs to take a family emergency flight up to Green Bay once we get word on my grandfather's passing..2 days ago they said 2 days to a week left...kinda sucks just waiting for death.

But yeah, those are my plans for the holidays. Oh, and to get totally loaded.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:26 PM   #32
Mr Biglesworth

Correct me if I'm wrong, Donnie, but didn't you tell us quite some time ago about your grandfather's critical condition? That's such a long time to be waiting.. my condolences to everyone.

My god... I have to be honest, I just started crying (just a little bit) right here at my desk in front of my math work. I was thinking of the only thing I could relate your situation of waiting for someone to die to. When I was 12-13 we were sure my grandmother was going to die. I'm very close with my grandma. We drove the 10 hours out to montreal and we were waiting there for some time, since we expected it to happen any day. She didn't die and it got to the point that we just had to leave, but we all expected her to die soon. My god, leaving her in her bed that day was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. Christ... just thinking about it is heartwrenching. On the plus side, she's still alive, still cute as a button, but now living in my house in my sister's old bedroom.

Best to you and your family, Donnie.
Old 12-10-2004, 04:02 PM   #33
sharkz

sharkz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Biglesworth
Best to you and your family, Donnie.
[sorry to be an unoriginal dick.] =\
sharkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 11:14 PM   #34
GT2000

Thanks...he slipped away about 5 hours ago, I'm glad my dad was able to be there, he saw for himself that he showed no signs of being in any pain... (he's been drugged up on aderol [i think...], morphine, and zanex the last 4 days).

I'm flying up on Monday, just have to work tomorrow, then take the rest of the week off.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:31 PM   #35
Mr Biglesworth

"When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. When you die, you rejoice, and the world cries." ~Tibetan Buddhist saying
Old 12-12-2004, 02:40 AM   #36
Jesse
Administrator

Jesse has disabled reputation
At least the struggle is over now man. Time for him to rest.

Hope you're doing ok Donnie.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 08:40 PM   #37
Metallistar

Metallistar is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Metallistar
sorry bout that donnie, that sux hard. My prayers to you and your family.

1997 GTP & 1998 GTX
http://www.metallistar.com
Metallistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 08:55 PM   #38
Mr Biglesworth

this has been a very varied topic.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:04 AM   #39
GT2000

Yeah...it has been, kinda just popped it in there...

Thanks everybody, doin' ok now, decided not to work today either however, driving to the shop this morning I kinda just realized I wasn't up for it. I'll be back around Friday, though I'll probably have too much free time on my hands thursday before I come home friday, so I may post then.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:12 AM   #40
thecreeper
Administrator

thecreeper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to thecreeper
sorry to hear he passed donnie, hopefully you are doing fine.
losing both my grandfathers was tough too, i know how it is.