TheTestTube.com  

Go Back   TheTestTube.com > TTT > Miscellaneous
User Name
Password
Home FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Miscellaneous Insert random jibba-jabba here.

Old 06-29-2005, 10:13 PM   #61
heX

heX is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to heX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Old Jane
I believe the offending link was on the history OF the bible, not history FROM the bible.
jep it quoted exact scripture. i am done. you are too focussed on wishing you were right to even give it a second thought. id have a better debate if i were talking to a gender confused blade of grass.
heX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 10:19 PM   #62
Baboinga

Baboinga is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Baboinga
This thread is just a big fiesta of rolleyes.
Baboinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 10:30 PM   #63
Marshall

Marshall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Marshall
No way, this is the best thread in the history of threads!

IT IS A BEAST!
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:29 PM   #64
Plain Old Jane
i hate vagina

Plain Old Jane can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Plain Old Jane
http://www.libchrist.com/bible/history.html
this is a page about the history of family values that people think other people had at one time. It briefly goes back 10000 years and describes the familial settings. It makes a statement about the effect cultures moving about had on eachother, and the religious effects, VERY briefly.

It has two lines of scripture in it, to illistrate life back then. You wouldn't know a clue if it walked up to you, bit you on the ass, and announced in a loud booming voice, 'I AM A CLUE!'.

now go take a long walk on a short peer, you hemeroid chewing internet fuck. Go get real cancer.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:50 PM   #65
heX

jep you amaze me you arent just a idiot but you find new and inventive ways going to great lengths to discover new idiocy. i just finished reading that site, it is directly making reference to the bible in its examples. so once again if you are using this site to further your point then you are saying the bible is accurate in this topic.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:54 PM   #66
heX

jep seriously let this go your making an ass of yourself and you are completely oblivious to it.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:32 AM   #67
johnny

johnny is on a distinguished road
you guys all suck at posting!
johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 07:40 AM   #68
Baboinga

hex learn how to read. of course it has scripture in it, it's a fucking christian site and it's discussing how to react to the history, while keeping the biblical suggestions for lifestyle in mind.

it's not saying "READ THE BIBLE IT WILL TELL YOU THE TRUTH ABOUT HISTORY" it is saying "this is history" "how history pertains to you today, well here is an exerpt from the bible to help you understand that, because we're a christian site".

*shrug* it states pretty clearly at the begining stuff that doesn't have to do with the bible, but what has to do with marriage.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:02 PM   #69
heX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboinga
it is saying "this is history"

..then goes on to refer to the old testament as history. ONCE again, if you are saying the old testament of the bible is a valid source of history then im already right. this site does not help you at all unless you are validating the accuracy of the Christians old testament / the Jewish bible.This site looks like it was made by a 7 year old with frontpage whith no accurate knowldege of what they believe, just a want to believe in it.

basically you can not cite two sources from different parts say they are both right and they flow together as long as you dont continue to read the first source.

example:

"america is a continent" then later goes on to say it is on the planet earth. - accurate source to quote if this is what you see as fact and its making your point.

"the continent is in space surrounded by green goop" then goes onto say earth is just a matrix - also a accurate source to quote if this is what you see as fact and its making your point.

however "america is a continent, the continent is in space surrounded by green goop. the green goop is on earth" just to prove the continent goop is on a non-matrix earth. it doesnt make sense at all unless thats just what you want to belive. You would be siting two different sources, merging them saying they are both true but just the parts that aply to your arguement.

this person has taken two different beliefs and reconize them both as being accurate by directly making refference to the scripture as fact. this is not a case of well its in the Bible and also happens to be true he is making refference to recorded history in the Bible, not something that is also found in other doccuments. so to say this area is true and accurate "because the Bible says so" as his only leg to stand on would leave your arguement wide open for me to go into ealier scripture and prove what hes saying makes no sense.

ps
Baboinga learn WHAT your are reading before you talk. ty.

pps

i never said im against gay marriage, so chill the fuck out. you never have given the origins of marriage a second thought till i stated where they come from. now you scurry the internet looking up any half-ass theoretical site you can to say something close to what you decided would fit your opinions the best. i said marriage spawned from the churches beliefs. if you want to spend your life with some one you could do it with out being a mindless drone and conforming to the system set by society. since you want to be like everyone else to validate your gay relationship go ahead be married i seriously don't care. don't kid yourself on where it came from. you made outrageous claims without thinking about it and now you are backing those up because you feel like if you're proven wrong here you'll lose the whole battle. this isnt about the right for gay people to be married to me i really think they should if they want to. My point is dont lie to yourself where it came from just so you can feel warm and fuzzy knowing you are not activily practicing church tradition.

Last edited by heX : 07-01-2005 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:13 PM   #70
Baboinga

No, I have researched the origins of marriage a number of times before this thread. I'm just too lazy to bother finding the same sites and citing them, because I'm lazy and if you think that the bible invented marriage or something ridiculous like that, then whatever, or whatever you think, is fine. I'm confident with what I believe, so in this case I'm willing to let you stay on your soap box and believe what you believe as well.

http://www.theweekmagazine.com/briefing.asp?a_id=567
cntl f5 "religion" this is more the point that I was skirting in previous posts.

Last edited by Baboinga : 07-10-2005 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:50 AM   #71
heX

i didnt say the bible invented marriage. you were citing the bible as the source of your beliefs, i was just pointing out you were argueing a self defeating debate.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:23 AM   #72
Plain Old Jane
i hate vagina

Plain Old Jane can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Plain Old Jane
good source, babs