TheTestTube.com  

Go Back   TheTestTube.com > TTT > Miscellaneous
User Name
Password
Home FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Miscellaneous Insert random jibba-jabba here.

Old 12-15-2004, 12:23 PM   #1
raublekick

raublekick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raublekick
Free music

I dunno if any of you are into chiptunes at all, but here is a free political chiptune compilation. It's pretty damned good, and it's got Bit Shifter, he is great.

Chipolitiks Vol. 1: 1984

# ********Artists BioS****
#<1> Mathletes - "The Price of Eternal Vigilance is Endless Struggle". The Peter Swimm helmed synth rock group has been nowhere for five years. He returns to producing music with this, his first gameboy song. He founded Toilville in 2004.

#<2> Karawapo - "Distance". According to him "The title may just be Distance, and it's supposed to be a rant about globalization." He often collaborates with Random, and more of his gameboy based rock band can be heard at his home page.

#<3> K9D and JONKIE- "Get Married". This is a collaborative project between K9D and JONKIE. They play live sets together in Minneapolis as part of the colon pipe krew and have releases on the mp3death label (http://mp3death.us/).

#<4> Random - "Guards". Possibly the youngest of the artists on the comp, Random has quickly grown into an accomplished songwriter. About his song he says "Public transport should be free for all! Not only rich people should be able to afford tickets for daily travel with public subway and bus. Stockholm's SL and Connex (the companies running the public traffic) should be ashamed. It's sick that it's more expensive to go by bus than by car. Think about the environment, and think about the people. Remove all guards, lower the costs, make it better!"

#<5> Mark Denardo- "Drafted". Chicago based Mark Denardo combines songs that are at once abrasive and challenging, or can be sweet and melodic. Using gameboy, harmonica and his own voice, he offers one of the few songs ever written that support the draft.

#<6> Cube-C- "What the Hell is Freedom". I know quite little about this guy, except his songs are toasty little sonic treats that fuse old school electro rock with bong rattling gameboy beats. If I am wrong about any of this please feel free to correct me.

#<7> Bud Melvin- "Forgiveness". Bud Melvin plays gameboy and the 2600. He also plays banjo. Now he is adding pedal steel to the mix in this track. This is his first song with vocals, provided by famed storyteller G.W. Bush.

#<8> Anonymouse- "Christmas 1984".Famed Pixel Artist David Mauro is better known for his visual works, but this song is his first ever written for The Nintendo Entertainment System. It was heavily inspired by the wonderful Gremlins 2 for the NES. He has also created the cover artwork for this compilation.

#<9> Bit Shifter- "White House Ejector Seat". Josh rules. Hands down. No Debate.
raublekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 12:21 AM   #2
thecreeper
Administrator

thecreeper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to thecreeper
i saw this awhile back, but was too lazy to download. recommend us a song, oh rauble of strassenburg.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:27 AM   #3
raublekick

raublekick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raublekick
Ah jeez, they're all pretty good.

My faves are:
White House Ejector Seat
Guards
Drafted
What the Hell is Freedom
Get Married
raublekick is offline   Reply With Quote