Password
Home FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games Console/PC gaming.

Old 12-07-2006, 09:57 AM   #1
heX

heX is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to heX
RPG Hack updates-

Started a thread so i can list the updates as they come.

As of right now-

Race: Halfing
-Class: Thief
Specializes in evaded hits and countering attacks.

Race: Dwarf
-Class: Crusader
Specializes in Brute strength

-Race: Orc
-Class: Captain
Specializes in Brute strength

Items have been fixed to where everyone should have access to them.

Weapons have been adjusted to class. (so a mage can no longer use a sword, and a fighter no longer will use a mage staff)

Spells there are 3 spell catagories. Dark/White/Elemental. Everyone should have access to atleast 1 Common spell per catagory. Mages will have access to more spells. Common spells are greatly less effeciant than the Mage spells and cost more money. If you would like to use spells as your primary way of attacking then i suggest switching to a Mage class.

Coming soon:
Dark Elf - Battle Mage

If you have anythign you would like done sooner than later please respond and ask for it so i can put it ontop of the priority list.

Last edited by heX : 12-07-2006 at 10:06 AM.
heX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:25 AM   #2
heX

Also...

I want to go over the current monsters and fix anything lame. like if its too easy or too hard or not enough xp. if you feel somethign is not set properly let me know and ill test it a bit with my other account at what ever level you are and see what i can do.

Im also thinking about adding more level 2 and 3 guys to fight, do any of you feel this is necessary? my thoughts are it will make it less repetitive to lvl at such an early level.

also as far as leveling goes im gonna have to do something becuase right now the max level you can achieve is level 88. thats the most xp the game will read but the arena is set all the way up to 96.. so, i doutb this will be a issue for anyone anytime soon but im noting it here so i dont forget later.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:01 PM   #3
Mr Biglesworth

Mr Biglesworth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Mr Biglesworth
Hey y'know you can heal yourself at the healing center while in the middle of a battle? I'm locked in combat with Jesse right now and I can't even leave the battle until he moves, so i can't do anything! Plus if we keep healing ourselves it will go on forever.
Mr Biglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:08 PM   #4
GT2000
Playing God @ Your Xpense

GT2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to GT2000
Yeah, I just noticed your battle and that you were back at full health.. that's kind of like using a potion in battle, but, perhaps the healing center should be made more expensive or something? And change how the potions are setup up, as in, the amount each one heals, costs, etc. I don't know, that's why I let hex have his fun with the rpg hack, it really is quite a bastard with it's limitations and quirks.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:42 AM   #5
heX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Biglesworth
Hey y'know you can heal yourself at the healing center while in the middle of a battle? I'm locked in combat with Jesse right now and I can't even leave the battle until he moves, so i can't do anything! Plus if we keep healing ourselves it will go on forever.
actually i did notice this and kept it to myself. i had message the creator of the hack and informed him of it over a week ago here what he said:

Quote:
That happens just because you are Administrator, Moderator or Super
Moderator (by default). It does not happen for regular members.
To shut that off, turn off the Is Game Master option in the Usergroup
Manager.

clearly you dont have to be a admin or mod. i dont have access to the game master options so i cant do that but donnie should be able to. also donnie while your in there look over to see what element options there are because everything im reading says i should be able to align races/classes to an element, but i dont have that option in the cp.

the more i mess with this the more problems i see. its basically to the point where it doesnt seem worth the time to 'fix' it. even if i make every possible attempt at getting the hack to be balanced and have more options its still flawed in a bunch of ways that i cant fix. don't get me wrong im gonna still add more classes races spells and items. i jsut think every one is gonan get sick of it after they realize there is really only three features in battle - Heal - Attack - Heal slightly while Attacking. even when you set a spell up to heal and attack some one it uses the same 'buff' amount on both things. wich means if i have a sepll set to Heal and Deal damage (a drain life type spell), i can only set one number to contol the outcome not two. so, say i set it to 40 that means it will heal 40 HP BUT it doest deal 40 damage since this modifier is instead added to you attack much like a weapon would. so it ends up doing 400+ damage to some one (more than enoguh to kill any pc) and only heals 40. the other side of this would be to set it at a low number so it attack for around 35 then will only heal for 1hp, wich is basically useless.

ill keep making updates till everyone hates it and wants it to die. then ill stop.

Last edited by heX : 12-08-2006 at 04:39 AM.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:01 PM   #6
heX

Added the spell "Rage" under elemental magic, availble to Fighters and Mages at level 5.
Added the item "Mystic" available to Mages and Intellectuals of all level. Restores MP cheaper and more efficient than ether.

New Legendary weapons added at level 10. One per flighting style 5 total (stealthy, fighter, mage, intellectual, generic). there is one, ONE in stock. If some one buys it before you, thats it, thats all there is.The weapons are rouhgly the power of weapon you can buy at lvl 45 but available at level 10. ive done the right thing and not purchased the Mage weapon for myself, so its still availabe and will be till some one else snatches it up. (note that the legendary staff says stock 1 sold 1, thats jus tbecuase i took it out for a test run then sold it back to the shop.)

Last edited by heX : 12-13-2006 at 01:36 PM.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:08 PM   #7
GT2000
Playing God @ Your Xpense

GT2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to GT2000
Cool cool, I haven't had a chance to even look into anything you wanted checked, but looks like you've been doing some work to it all, next time I get the chance maybe I'll redo my character.