Home FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site News Front page articles.

Old 08-14-2005, 12:22 PM   #1
GT2000
Playing God @ Your Xpense

GT2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to GT2000
Quake 4 MP briefing

Quake 4 is a largely anticipated FPS from Raven/ID Software. This IGN preview article focuses on the MP aspect of the game.

"Though Raven is taking great pains to craft a new experience with Quake 4, the multiplayer side of things should stick pretty closely to the model established by Quake 3."

Here's to hoping. Although I was never a huge player of Quake 3, I did greatly enjoy running around with the gauntlet...what was the sound you heard when you were killed with it again? I know it's something like "you're a fucking pussy!" or was it "HUMULIATION!"?

Anyways, the current release date for the game is just in time to hunt for your own "turkey" online, hopefully they'll be able to stick to it, Nov. 14th, 2005.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/641/641602p1.html
GT2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 01:51 PM   #2
johnny

johnny is on a distinguished road
in quake 3 there's this one awesome capture the flag map where it's in space and there's bouncy-pad-things so you can bounce between platforms and go wild with the rocket launcher. i used to play that level a lot (and i usually listened to the album "earth ad" while playing). what a great gaming experience.

if that level is in quake 4, i think i will have to check it out. (or maybe i should just find a cheap copy of quake 3?? it must be cheap now)
johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 03:17 PM   #3
GT2000

Yeah, i liked that one dm map out in space, was it dm16 or 17? Where you just spend most of your time doing as you mentioned, bouncing back and forth trying not to fall to your death, or at least capping a few fuckers before you do.

I'm sure that even if the game doesn't come with those maps, that someone out there will port the maps over to the new game.
Old 08-14-2005, 05:09 PM   #4
johnny

johnny is on a distinguished road
i wonder if it'll eventually hit the consoles? i'd like to check out quake 4 but it's really not worth maybe needing a new video card. (because i'll probably get bored of it fast anyways.)
johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 06:03 PM   #5
GT2000

I'm sure that if they do the same thing they did with Doom 3, that it'll hit the Xbox within' a year of releasing on PC...just speculation of course
Old 08-17-2005, 07:37 PM   #6
thecreeper
Administrator

thecreeper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to thecreeper
i wonder if the single player mode will be any better than the pathetic one in Q3A. that's usually a big selling point for me in a lot of FPS games, believe it or not.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:15 PM   #7
Mike

Mike is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny
in quake 3 there's this one awesome capture the flag map where it's in space and there's bouncy-pad-things so you can bounce between platforms and go wild with the rocket launcher. i used to play that level a lot (and i usually listened to the album "earth ad" while playing). what a great gaming experience.

if that level is in quake 4, i think i will have to check it out. (or maybe i should just find a cheap copy of quake 3?? it must be cheap now)
You can DL Q3 pretty easily. That's a pretty fun map. We had ... some mod that we had ... I can't remember the name but it gave everybody this super railgun and a grappling hook and some other shit... and it was fun.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote