TheTestTube.com  

Go Back   TheTestTube.com > TTT > Miscellaneous
User Name
Password
Home FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Miscellaneous Insert random jibba-jabba here.

Old 05-19-2005, 09:24 AM   #1
thecreeper
Administrator

thecreeper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to thecreeper
I can drive 55

well, i've come to the conclusion that aside from my early driving tendencies, that I am a lot slower driver than I used to be. It doesn't mean I am any better of a driver (just hit raub's car last week), but finally after getting 4 speeding tickets between the ages of 17 and 19(65 in a 50, 45 in a 25, 83 in a 65, and 95 in a 65), I find myself almost normal now.

I mean, I don't even have points on my license anymore!

discuss your driving/speed problems here plz thx.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:39 AM   #2
raublekick

raublekick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raublekick
i find myself driving like a grandma a lot lately.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:10 AM   #3
johnny

johnny is on a distinguished road
on the highway, i'll do anywhere from 10 to 20 kilometres over the limit--usually around 100 km/h in a 90 km/h zone, and around 115 or 120 km/h in a 100 km/h zone. but around town, i drive slow. ::shrugs:: i like to drive around city streets and listen to tunes.. it's relaxing. sometimes i even find myself going a little slower than the speed limit on some streets because i don't really pay attention to how fast i'm going while i'm cruising around.

but highway driving is boring because it's basically a straight line all the way to whereever yer going and there's never much to look at because the speed limit's high and you can't take it easy enjoy the scenery/wilderness/whatever is in the area which you are driving through.
johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 01:10 PM   #4
GT2000
Playing God @ Your Xpense

GT2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to GT2000
Heh, how'd you manage to hit raub's car?

I drive the speed limit in most cases...but, I drive for a good chunk of my living, and when I'm working, I drive somewhat aggressively, gotta get to those cable calls on time afterall. And by aggressively I don't mean shoving other vehicles off the road...I just mean that I have to keep at it, I'm a target with all the decals on my van, people see it and figure they could make a quick buck, so I have to pay damn good attention.

Interstates around here are either 55 or 65, depending on which ones, plus there's "backroad" highways, I'll cruise in some parts of them at 80 depending on the time of day, and if I find myself in a pack of cars, we'll do about 80-85 in the 55 zone and fly through the small towns at 55-60. (This is in my car, I don't do but 5-10 over in my work van).

So yeah, again, how the fuck did you hit that car?
Old 05-19-2005, 01:53 PM   #5
raublekick

how did he hit my car? he was backing out of his drivway and didn't maneuver enough. the best part was our friend art sitting in the back yelling "stop. stop! STOP!" bump. crack. broken turnsignal cover. it was a fun time had by all
Old 05-19-2005, 01:57 PM   #6
malta

malta is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to malta
On highways I'll go up to 10 miles over the limit, or with traffic, which could be 10-20 miles over the limit. In neighborhoods I go the limit and take it easy.
malta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 05:27 PM   #7
Metallistar

Metallistar is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Metallistar
Best Speeding ticket: 80+ in a 35 School Zone (had to go to court for that one) Thats back when I was 17.

Only other speeding ticket i've goten was 72 in a 60 zone.

I tend to drive 5mph over the speed limit. Some times more depending on how i feel.

1997 GTP & 1998 GTX
http://www.metallistar.com
Metallistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 05:56 PM   #8
thecreeper
Administrator

thecreeper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to thecreeper
BS! I heard "yo zach!"

CRUNCH

"stop!"

d'oh.
thecreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 06:42 PM   #9
teensupernothing

teensupernothing is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to teensupernothing
Angry

because of stupid jersey lawmakers i have had the wonderful experience of getting a limited arizona liscense (since i spend my summers there) without being allowed to drive in jersey. i was also able to pass the eye test in arizona... but failed it probably about six times in NJ... i have no idea what's going on there. but lo and behold, i'm a month and two days from my birthday and have no NJ permit, so that means, no NJ liscense... and i live in jersey so this is bad.

in AZ i have had the glory of driving some of the most beautiful cars ever.. courtesy of my uncle. most recent was a Saleen S7 which i brought to about 250 mph before just about pissing myself and slowing down. i was pulled over once in AZ, going 120 in a 65. no ticket, because thank you FOP card. anyway, i'm a chronic speeder and until i get a ticket, i'm not stopping. seeing as i have cops in my family i have lots of FOP cards and such, so it's unlikely i'll ever get a ticket.

i had my first NJ driving lesson today. it was in a saturn.. i was about to cry because it was terrible. but the instructor was cool, and just let me joyride for about an hour with the music up, and he didn't really say much, other than... "aren't jersey laws dumb?" yeah. waste of time and money.

in short.... i speed too much, and get frustrated by having an AZ liscense, but not even an NJ permit.
teensupernothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 07:04 PM   #10
Stormy
i'm horny for hex

Stormy is on a distinguished road
I have been pulled twice (both on the interstate) and received no speeding tickets whatsoever.

After dropping my exboyfriend (my then-boyfriend) off at Cornell and spending a few days there with him, I was pulled over just outside of Binghamton, NY going 92. Because my speedometer had recently started getting stuck, I told the office that was why I was going so fast (in addition to driving down a hill). I got off with a broken speedometer citation--and the opportunity to get it fixed in 48 hours without having to pay the ticket.

More recently, I was driving back from UVa for a quick weekend stay at home. I was pulled for going 80, and the officer said he wasn't going to give me a ticket because I had a clean record, and I wasn't driving recklessly (81 is reckless according to him).

I'm pretty damn lucky, but paranoid about that changing. Now I tend to drive 70-75 MPH when on the interstate.
Stormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 07:25 PM   #11
testtubebaby

testtubebaby is on a distinguished road
girls get off easy... damn girls
testtubebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 01:02 AM   #12
Plain Old Jane
i hate vagina

Plain Old Jane can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Plain Old Jane
never been pulled over, never had one trafficking problem, I'm safe, I signal like CRAZY, and I like to hit children, double points for homeless people.

christine! CALL ME! we're hanging out this summer if you have time, thats an order, ensign!
Old 05-20-2005, 07:00 PM   #13
Stormy
i'm horny for hex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Old Jane
never been pulled over, never had one trafficking problem, I'm safe, I signal like CRAZY, and I like to hit children, double points for homeless people.

christine! CALL ME! we're hanging out this summer if you have time, thats an order, ensign!
Do you signal to park? At night? In an empty parking lot? I do.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:08 PM   #14
heX

heX is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to heX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy
Do you signal to park? At night? In an empty parking lot? I do.
especially in empty parking lots
heX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 12:12 AM   #15
Mike

Mike is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mike
I've been pulled over about five times and never gotten a ticket. Only once was while speeding, and I was going about 90 ina 65... but I was lucky and didn't get a ticket.

Because I'm broke like all of the time, I realize that there's no need for me to go 85+mph. I used to average about 85 - 95 on the highway, usually eclipsing 100 once or twice a trip. But I don't really have a job anymore, or well, a good paying job, so I would never be able to afford the ticket or the hike in insurrance.

I've never been in an accident, in the ... five (?) years of having my license... and I generally follow my own rules of safety and I do pretty well and get around pretty quickly. I do, however, drive drunk from time to time ... which I did again tonight. I'm usually not like really drunk ... but I'm not sober, and I probably shouldn't be driving ... but it's happened more than a few times that I've driven from Boston to my home when I probably shouldn't be.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 12:13 AM   #16
Mike

Mike is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by testtubebaby
girls get off easy... damn girls
... all girls are different man, some take longer than others.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 10:17 AM   #17
Plain Old Jane
i hate vagina

Plain Old Jane can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Plain Old Jane
I think stormy rules and I love her and want to give her 38 dollars.

Last edited by Plain Old Jane : 05-21-2005 at 06:41 PM. Reason: blegh
Plain Old Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 10:41 AM   #18
raublekick

never been pulled over or gotten in an accident in my 5 years of driving (sans creeper hitting me). there have been plenty of times where i should have gotten hit or pulled over, though. back in highschool they had a cop sitting right at the fringe of the school property one day, and i was going about 60 in a 35 school zone. i'm almost certain there was a cop in there, but he didn't move at all. i've pulled out on people more times than i can remember.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:43 PM   #19
Stormy
i'm horny for hex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Old Jane
thats WAY too subtle a joke for anyone but me to get...
Uh huh.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:44 PM   #20
sharkz

sharkz is an unknown quantity at this point
My dear teacher recently took the mirror off the school van when that mirror shook hands with a mailbox that was clearly higher up than it should have been.
sharkz is offline   Reply With Quote