View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 07:42 PM   #1
Mr Biglesworth

Mr Biglesworth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Mr Biglesworth
Birthright Israel

Well, I've been bitten by the travel bug and I don't think this infection will subside until I break free and get back out into the world. I've been thinking alot about traveling Europe, and been trying to figure out the different possiblities. I'm going into my second year of university, still interested in alot of things but not sure where my professional life lies and how to prepare for it academically, so i'm going to continue exploration in this year. After that, I might take a step back and consider taking a year off school to work and travel. I would love to save up enough to spend a month or two in Europe, buy a Europass and see the whole shebang. I just feel like i need to get out of my self and allow myself to reflect on my life and the world and see what I want to do.
So anyway, those are some new thoughts floating around in my head. However an old one just resurfaced. Some of you have probably heard of a program being run out of Israel where young people of jewish blood (yes, I'm half jewish) are given a paid 10 day trip to Israel. I started signing up for it last year and my dad got alarmed and asked that I not sign up. He was concerned for my security, considering the risks of the region. So I forgot about it for the time being.
Now, my university residence don went for it this christmas, she really enjoyed it and she said she didn't feel unsafe at all. I'm really thinking about signing back up for it. It's a free trip to a place I would love to see, and the offer is only going to be open for me while i'm under a certain age. As far as i know there's been no problems with the safety of the kids who have gone. So since i've got this travel bug on my mind the option has become very appealing again.

Any thoughts on the Israel trip in particular and travel in general?
Mr Biglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote