Thread: comcast cap
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 11:50 PM   #5
GT2000
Playing God @ Your Xpense

GT2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to GT2000
No, I work @ Cox Communications, actually, have for almost 5 years now.

And yes, I saw some stuff about Comcast starting to hammer down on abusive users (yes, that is what we call you), even though they claim to have unlimited bandwidth, or so that's what was being said, haven't looked at Comcast's offerings personally.

We do have our caps mentioned when users sign up, it's in the agreement that no one reads, and it is in the ball park of about 60gb/mo, forget what the daily limit is. I believe it's generally a 3 strike and yer out deal, we'll send an email from the abuse team, and another, and then yer out (of service). They're pretty slack on it from what I understand, if it's a small amount in a day like half a gig over the daily limit, and it's not a common occurance on your account, then you won't see a problem, but if it's a constant thing that you're running over the daily/monthly limits, then yeah, you've breached contract, so to speak.

I'm sure as time goes by caps will be increased, since speeds are still being increased.. 55/mo gets 15/2Mbps right now, maybe in a year or two it will be more like 30/5 or 30/10 (eventually providers will discover the value of the upstream, eventually...).