View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 09:54 PM   #5
raublekick

raublekick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raublekick
but in europe they have wonderful public transportation. here, we have jack shit. i might have to quit my job because what i make there in a week might not cover the expense of driving there.

i wish i lived on campus

that article mentions something that makes me extremely worried about gasoline: people don't get upset about it. with any other product we can just stop buying and the product will either have to change and become cheaper or fail. but with gasoline this is not the price. there is no way in hell we can just stop buying gas because we are so dependent on it. i forsee a future where gas prices continue to rise, and we continue to pay. like i mentioned above, pretty much all the money i make at my one job goes into the gas to get there and back. what's the point? well, for me it's good experience and a job in my field. but if it wasn't i'd quit in a heartbeat. but would anyone else be so willing to just drop their jobs? now, we're not nearly at that point yet but i don't doubt that we'll get to that point before we have an alternative.

Last edited by raublekick : 08-31-2005 at 10:18 PM.
raublekick is offline   Reply With Quote