Thread: age
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 06:22 PM   #32
thecreeper
Administrator

thecreeper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to thecreeper
rad, you're a nice enough dude, but regardless of whether mccain or obama would have won the election, anyone saying "loss of freedom of speech" and most of the other things you posted would be laughed out of a room. no president has dictatorship powers, and even if mccain won, i wouldn't be in here declaring "PREPARE FOR ENDLESS WAR, REPUBLICUNTS!" or any other stereotype about a candidate or party. the fact is that obama ran a better campaign and inspired more people to come out and vote, and mccain's momentum kinda died out in october. i don't think anyone is here gloating, because frankly, a candidate winning an election isn't something the gloat about. now the phillies winning the world series, i'll gloat about that all day long. but a candidate getting elected hasn't done anything yet. i think it would be wise, and i've thought this in every election i've followed, to give the president-elect a chance before throwing him under a bus and declaring america's dream lost. it's hyperbole to declare things based off speculation and and skewed or bitter commentators, because nothing has happened yet.

i think we all want america to be a better place than it is right now, so let's see what happens with obama.