View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 12:53 AM   #7
Plain Old Jane
i hate vagina

Plain Old Jane can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Plain Old Jane
Wtf, last summer I got paid dick for a managerial position of some import to the establishment of which I worked. I worked the preperation and about half the cooking part of Garde Manger at an upscale Country club, I had two people under me. (unbeknownst to me at the time, they made more than I did.)

I worked there twice, Once when I was 17 before I had my degree in culinary arts, and after, last summer, when I had my degree and REALLY didnt want to get back in the biz but i needed money.

The first time I worked I made 8.50 an hour, for basically messing around the kitchen and learning and cooking and helping and stuff. And it sucked still, cuz everyone except two people there were assholes and chauvenistic racists to boot.

Second time I worked there, as before, I was in a responsible position, WITH a culinary Cert from an accredited school, and two folks who I took responsibility for on a daily basis.

Guess how much I got paid.... 8.50 an hour.... MOTHER FUCKERS!!
it wouldnt have been so bad if I'd not known my subordinates got paid more than I did. to be fair, they didnt know I made less. They were always like, "hey gringa, choo make mucho dinero eh?" and I'd be like "no, esseh, poquito dinero... MUY poquito dinero!" and then we'd do the cucaroacha. Little did they know that I chewed out my boss at the end of my employment for being a capitalizing asshole.

But did I sue them for money I SHOULD have made? no. and I'm sure there are plenty other workers in this country who feel the same way. But these folks arent poor or bad off if they can buy off judges and lawyer and FBI laison officers so they can get money from desperate intelligent people who cant afford their shit anyway.

Last edited by Plain Old Jane : 05-26-2005 at 12:54 AM. Reason: DURKADERRRR!
Plain Old Jane is offline   Reply With Quote