View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 08:13 AM   #6
testtubebaby

testtubebaby is on a distinguished road
i started playing PSO:BB on the 12th... so far i'm level 18 with the first three Areas unlocked and one rare drop found. for BB, i suggest you pick up a psx-usb adapter at radio shack; they're only $11 and they work like a dream with PSO:BB after only a little configuration (i can give you the optimal configuration if you end up getting that adapter)... it even supports analog control. as of right now, justin (zell), subsy, and i are planning on playing it during the beta period (and possibly further on if they let us transfer our characters to the real game).

as for it being an MMO, that is misleading... it's more like Diablo 2 with Lobby hubs that can hold (much) more. the game instances themselves only allow for 4 players at a time. this should change with the release of Phantasy Star Universe sometime next year (hopefully in the 12 to MMO range).

i've been playing PSO with Justin since 2001. we played the first incarnation of the game on Dreamcast, followed that up with Ver.2 (still on DC) later that year, and most recently PSO Ep. 1&2 for Gamecube last year. earlier this year i messed around with the previous release of PSO for PC (w/o server side saving and cheat protection) which is how i discovered that the psx-usb adapter is perfect for the game. all in all, i've probably logged somewhere in the 800+ hour range on this game, which is impressive for a title that initially only had 10 zones in three difficulties (since then, there has been an additional difficulty added, and an entire new world to explore, hence the Episode 2 moniker)

i'm totally stoked about playing with some of ya'llz, and i'm willing to show you the ropes of PSO as well as hook you up with some goodies.
testtubebaby is offline   Reply With Quote