Thread: Yo
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 03:02 PM   #15
Jeno

Jeno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jeno Send a message via MSN to Jeno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy
I'll be in Plymouth, and without a car (which is fine--I'm currently vehicle-less, and I enjoy it).

I'm almost positive I'll love it, but I know there will be people and things in the States which I'll miss (and some of whom will miss me). I only hope I have enough money to travel relentlessly.
, well vehicle-less might be a good thing, you won't have to worry about those silly Brits driving on the wrong side of the road.

And Plymouth is okie, much better than up norf, at least.

You'll have to start getting into the 'Beautiful Game' though, living in England.

I'd always recommend anybody who goes to England for an extended period of time and whom likes sports to go to at least one soccer (football) match while there if for no other reason than to enjoy the atmosphere. Nothing in America can compare...closest would probably be the BIG BIG BIG college football rivalries. And none of them could compare to the big derby (rivalry) matches in England.

I'd suggest catching one of the North London Derby matches on tv if you can...but then I'd rather you not watch my beloved Tottenham get killed by Arsenal again. *sigh*