View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 04:56 PM   #5
Plain Old Jane
i hate vagina

Plain Old Jane can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Plain Old Jane
theres no real problem with premise of star trek, it relates a lot of good morals. Acceptance, tolerance, open-mindedness, trust, etc... it also has a lot (but not entirely) based in fact and theoretical physics. And my most loved aspect, its an optimistic view of the future. Gene roddenberry was a genius, star trek used to stand for acceptance, because in the 60s' working with black people, or russian people, or japanese people, (or vulcan people) was taboo, and star trek helped break those walls down. And I will foreve love it for doing so, and since those walls are down, theres not a lot of room left for breakthrough film. The films are a little complex, but they were made for the die hard fan, and for the most part, they're well made. (s'just a shame they never made a ds9 movie, fuckers)

its sort of... a mirror of battlestar galactica (nerd #1 right here), whereas BG sucked (the mysticism was the most drawing aspect for me) and rawks now, ST rawked and kinda sucks now.
Maybe they can breathe life into it, I hope so, I really like the premise of the universe and I'd hate to see it die off.