View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 11:02 AM   #209
johnny

johnny is on a distinguished road
ahh, the linux thread has been left dormant for too long!

did you upgrade and get everything working right shrakz?

i continue to be a happy arch linux user. my desktop computer is on ice right now, because i messed up my install on it a while back. after that i attempted to setup kde4 with one of the kubuntu hardy heron alpha cds, but it didn't work out so well. i should have just re-installed arch, as somebody in the arch community has a kde4 repository setup.. but i went with kubuntu. it pains me to say it, but i think kubuntu might be one of the worst kde distros! ah well.

i think i'll wait for kde 4.1 or something.. even though they've 'released' kde4, it seems like 4.0 is still the equivalent of a beta. i might as well wait for them to iron out some of the wrinkles, especially since kde has always seemed slightly more bug- and crash-prone to me (stable releases and all).

lately i've been toying with evilwm, which is nifty (and very minimalist!). here's a screenshot (click fr big) -

this screen is from last sunday. i've since tweaked the conky display (made the bars vertically centered with with text, moved a couple lines around..) but otherwise, all is the same.

also, rauble: are you a vi(m) person? if so, have you heard of the vimperator? it's awesome, and the only reason i started using firefox again.

Last edited by johnny : 01-19-2008 at 11:07 AM.
johnny is offline   Reply With Quote