View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 10:03 AM   #26
Jesse
Administrator

Jesse has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Even though you just started, what which piece of equipment are you getting the most calls for?

Too many people hitting the drums like they're hammering a nail?
Shit, I didn't even see this reply. Sorry dude.

We get calls for EVERYTHING. Whammy bar not working, guitars not going into overdrive, cracked drums, snapped foot pedals, faulty strum bars, mics not working, USB hub not working. You name it.

One of the most ridiculous calls I've had was an older lady bought Rock Band for her grandchildren, but the drums are too loud, and they're giving her a headache. And then she went on to demand the name of the person that designed the drums, because they designed them wrong, and that person is ignorant.

I was dumbfounded, I had no idea what to say. She couldn't understand why these drums had to make noise if it was all electronic. So I was like, "Well, Ma'am, they are drums, so you have to use a certain amount of force to hit them to trigger the electronic sensor", "Nope, you guys made them wrong."

Most of the time everybody's pretty cool. Nobody gets real bitchy except for the women. A few have blown up at me because of shipping errors, so they've had to wait like, 2 months get their new peripheral, and it's the wrong one, or for the wrong system. Then they just lose it.

It's not bad though. The real pissed of people make the job interesting.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote