View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 12:10 PM   #3
Torre82
Stormy wants to do Hex

Torre82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh hell, while we're on the topic of MMO's.. you know they're going to release a FireFly MMO?! The canceled Fox series with the movie Serenity. Yeah, that one.

Joss Whedon only hooked me with Firefly. Buffy and Angel are too.. :shivers: bleh. But the guy can tell an alright story.

World of Warcraft is alright, but like FFXI.. LotRo has so many more features than most RPG's that going back to WoW is just out of the question.

In LotR every last damn thing you do earns you a new title 'Torre82 the *****'

Insert Feather-Foe if you killed 30 birds. Feather-Rapist if you killed 1,500

Etc etc. Titles for each kind of monster, each of a dozen regions, each of a dozen different levels.. 30 kills/60/150, etc. Do this move 1,500 times and we'll upgrade it or totally change it. Man it's just excessive.

Or gain really small bonuses to various stats. +1.0% Dodge chance. Raise overall speed by .5%, spank your ringdick harder by 1.2 points.

Also, going through an instance successfully raises your hope by 1% so you heal 1% more, and block that much damage, too.

Questgivers in WoW and Everquest were so often one-shot deals. In LotR I cant stop these bastards from giving me like 4 to 8 quests back to back.

Anyhow..enough of my praises to MMO's. I'm waiting patiently for 2 gigs of DDR400 to arrive in the mail so I can finally play some of these games without the usual swapping madness. I should be able to dual channel up my 4 slots at 400 but it'll take some BIOS fiddling to override the automatic dumbing-down to 266. Who knows? The UPS guy is nowhere to be seen.

I swear it's amazing my HD's last as long as they do.

Just because I act like a rapist doesnt mean I AM a rapist.

Last edited by Torre82 : 03-09-2007 at 12:14 PM.
Torre82 is offline   Reply With Quote