View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 07:26 PM   #20
testtubebaby

testtubebaby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse
Hmm. I suppose you're right. When GT posts about his job or something, I usually read the entire post, and all the replies. But when she posts about her day, I get annoyed. I guess I'm just an old, withered, biased member.

I'm in the wrong, I'll admit.
I think the difference is that GT (and most of the rest of us) worked himself up from a person who we just associated with through video games (and other 'trivial' interests) and built up a common rapport with us through that. The difference between him and jep's friend is that we've known him for years on different levels, and he's become more than a person who we joke around with. A lot of us have been through many incarnations of this site, and we keep coming back because we have a special bond... basically we've sifted out the people who couldn't hack it and we're left with the people who we're really interested in associating with. and it goes beyond this, especially with Donnie, because he's the one who financially backs this operation out of the goodness of his heart... if for no other reason, we owe it to someone like that to give him our moral support, on top of which he's a good friend to all of us in many other ways.

Now the girl in question never tried to make herself part of the group. Instead, she did exactly what many other people here posted about: she used TTT as her personal blog and pedestal. So not only was it boring, it was unnecessary and annoying. Back this up with jep's support for her membership during a period when jep was not the most welcome of members (remember, there was a time when (s)he was even more vilified than now!) and you can see why she didn't come off smelling like roses for a lot of us. But who knows... she could end up pulling a Jesse if she decides to reassess what this board and its members expect of people who post here. But isn't she in college or something? She's probably already too set in her ways by now... tsk
testtubebaby is offline   Reply With Quote