View Single Post
Old 04-18-2005, 07:34 PM   #12
raublekick

raublekick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raublekick
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT2000
Not sure what to tell you Raub...besides the lock ups...do you ever see any tearing or artifacts in your graphics...or do they otherwise look pretty good?

Have you tried different drivers?

Do you know what your case and cpu temps are like?
(The locking up isn't always graphics card related..)
No tearing or artifacts whatsoever. It always looks super nice. My case and CPU temps are MUCH lower than my old computer.

The games I've tried are: Morrowind, KOTOR, and Doom 3. Each have slightly different problems, but similar enough. Morrowind ran pretty much fine on my old Athlon 1.6GHz (256DDR, GeForce2 64MB) other than crashing to the desktop which is a problem with the game, but it locks up a lot on my P4 2.8GHz (756DDR, Radeon9600 256MB). KOTOR locks up to the point where I have to hard reset and it eventually led to the corruption of my saved data. Doom 3 has various problems, locking up included. Because Morrowind runs worse on a system with specs twice as good and loads cooler, I suspect it is the videocard.

What other ATI drivers are available? I tried the KX Audio drivers for my Audigy 2, but they didn't work as well as the Creative drivers so I'm kinda weray about using third party drivers.