View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 02:45 AM   #9
Mike

Mike is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mike
Quote:
Complete fucking joke. He wasnt even elected into office the first time, how the hell did he get elected again.
Yes, yes he was. If Bush was not elected, then neither was Gore. And I voted for Gore.

Quote:
And then he has the audacity to suggest repealing the 2 term limit as well as plunge the US into a ill concieved and iller planned war of basically attrition for what, so your investors can make more cash?
That wasn't so much Bush's audacity, but rather, chairmen of the House Judicial Committee, two Republicans and one Democrat, who have offered repealing the 22nd amendment for close to three decades now--Republican or Democrat in office.

The War in Iraq is not for money. This is one of those rumors, proposed originally by morons and then taken up without thought by intelligent people, that has never ceased to die.

http://www.factcheck.org/article261.html

FactCheck is one of the most neutral sources on the intarweb, equally critical of the Bush administration, Republicans, Democrats, Liberals, and Conservatives.

Quote:
just how much do you need? many of us lower class people live pretty well toeing the poverty line that you've thrown us to, you ignorant twat.
.... Remind me how Bush, specifically, has forced more lower class people to 'toe the poverty line.' Further, Poverty in the United States means owning two cars, an airconditioner, having cable, high speed internet, and being the fattest population on earth.

Quote:
2. American Media. Yes, gasp, american media. they've pretty much been bought out by bushes cronies. the senior manager who was on duty the night fox announced Bush the president in the first election, early and unconfirmed, was King Georgie's first cousin. As well as the downplay of war happenings and the ignorance of stories pretaining to the rape of other nations like the Gap did, and the WBO is doing.
The Mainstream media was not bought out by Bush's cronies, nor anybody who gives two shits about the Bush administration. You bring up Fox breaking the story that Bush won the election, in term 1, but then don't mention how, in 2004... despite mathematically winning the election by 12:30 AM (EST), 90% of news agencies refused to admit that Bush won, declaring "Late causauses that had yet to be counted..." (which was a myth). There were regions that went 65% to the Democrats that were counted as being Pro-Kerry, and then regions that were more than 95% to the Republicans, that were "too close to call!"

And you do realize that the screen cap you posted is from ... American media. If the media were bought and paid for by Bush cronies, it is very unlikely that they'd even allow such a chance to happen.

I reached the conclusion that the mainstream media is neither liberally, nor conservatively biased, but rather, biased towards a brash of federalism that directly, and indirectly, aids them. They LOVE war, LOVE disaster, and love anything that could be remotely bad because it generates money and in turn forces people to turn towards the federal government. We get hit with a hurricane, what's the first thing people want to know? What is the federal government doing about it. There is a rare strain of flu that has led to the deaths of 5 people in China and what do people demand... That the executive makes a speech about it and approbriates money to it. You're just buying into this federal obsessionism by considering that ... friends of an administration have bought out media outlets.

I'm critical of Bush on several issues: over-seas spending, the "spying program," and the old Patriot Act--but the things you've mentioned are nothing but paranoia espoused by lobbyists and PACs.

As for your comments on Bin Laden, The Gap, and so on, I agree. I also find it interesting that the Gap's sister store is called "The Banana Republic."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osama
We don't mind offering you a long-term truce on fair conditions that we adhere to.
... Any terrorist who speaks of "fair conditions" is living in pathological psychosis. Demands for terrorists have ALWAYS been the release from prison of more terrorists.

Quote:
We are a nation that God has forbidden to lie and cheat.
aaaahhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha. When Osama Bin Laden, Al Qaeda, Islamic Jihad, and any other international terrorist organization begin living by the standards that they are held to by Islam, then I will trust them to adhear to "fair" long-term truces.

Quote:
So both sides can enjoy security and stability under this truce so we can build Iraq and Afghanistan, which have been destroyed in this war.
Rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan ... like how the Taliban rebuilt Afghanistan... which essentially took a step back 600 years once they gained full control?

[quote]There is no shame in this solution, which prevents the wasting of billions of dollars that have gone to those with influence and merchants of war in America who have supported Bush's election campaign with billions of dollars
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote