View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 05:30 AM   #16
johnny

johnny is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
I'm pretty sure we won't see huge gains in Americans using "greener" technology until there is some sort of government enforcement, as dumb as it sounds, but you know most Americans aren't going to do that shit on their own. As a nation in whole, we hate change. Not to mention at the rate of the technology coming along, it's going to be a while before we see any big changes.
what irritates me is that i think it's possible that these "big changes" could have already happened if the world (not just the u.s. and a.) had placed more of a focus on renewable resources a few decades ago. i mean, do we really have to wait until the last-minute-total-desperation sort of scenario to happen? :/

and rad, sure, if there are 100 years worth of oil and natural gas on u.s. land that's great! providing that that's accurate, it'll get you through your lifetime -- but then.. what? doesn't that feel really nearsighted to you? of course we could hope that those 100 years would buy time to continue developing alternate/green/renewable technologies, but if people don't feel any pressure to do anything about it now, can we be certain that that extra time won't just be squandered? or you could just move to venezuela and start paying 12 cents per gallon 8P
johnny is offline   Reply With Quote